Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Interview with our admin!

Hello all, I caught XGhozt aka Chris on Face book and interviewed him for Ghoztcraft! I must say thanks again XGhozt for taking your time to interview and I hope everyone enjoys it!

Anthony

Hello Ghoztcraft community this is Cripp and im here with XGhozt are admin of Ghoztcraft... today i will be interviewing him...

1:44amXGhozt

Hi everyone! *

1:44amAnthony

Would you like me to call you ghozt or Chris?

1:45amXGhozt

Depends on the site, if it's for Ghoztcraft, then call me XGhozt, otherwise it's Chris.

I suppose it doesn't matter.

1:45amAnthony

Alright then ghozt, so on a day to day bases what is your usual day like?

1:45amXGhozt

But I certainly wouldn't use XGhozt on some of my professional websites..

1:48amXGhozt

On a good day? I can sleep all day, and then work all night. And party's are always after 10pm. Sunday is always my recovery day. With that said, on the weekdays that I don't sleep all day, I do my rounds on the web, check my email, check my websites and then sign on IM networks. With the occasional 4-6 hours doing web design or making courtesy calls to my clients. I do also go to college, and I have a job as a professional web designer!

And don't forget, when I'm really bored, I'll take some time to grow my gaming spirit. :P:P

1:49amAnthony

Very cool, now generally how many emails a day do you usually get? Are they usually from your clients, sites, various things?

1:52amXGhozt

I have over 50 emails. And by emails, I mean "email accounts". I used to depend on Google Mail, but now I use thunderbird to manage everything connected to my mail servers and 3rd party networks. Mostly over IMAP. Over all, I have absolutely no clue how many emails I get per day. Not counting spam (which get's filtered) it's well over 100/day. But I'd say only 20 or so are what I actually need to reply to. I can easily spend a few hours just reading email almost every day. Don't get me wrong though, my email isn't a mess, it's organized.

1:55amAnthony

Now you said you were hired as a professional web designer. Now was it hard to get that kind of position or was it quite easy since you do plenty of that off the side like your websites and own personal use?

1:56amXGhozt

I've been doing web design for almost 5 years now. In all honestly, they asked me to come for an interview. I had a client of mine recommend me to them as a potential employee. Which, I have to admit, is pretty much awesome. If you're good at what you do, money will come.

1:57amAnthony

Now, did you ever think that you from creating a site to creating multiply would ever end up in this kind of working field, did you ever want to do something different?

2:02amXGhozt

Nope.. I had no clue! Before my web presence, I was a basketball player, a good one. I had some injury's and had to give it up. Then I was in a band for a year, played the drums. After I got bored (still have my set), I started fixing computers for friends for 20/hr. That got REALLY boring, so I made my first web site. At the time it was just a few downloads and a cheat sheet for my peeps back in high school. The web is such an evolving place, that it doesn't get boring for me, and web design has no boundaries when exercised correctly. I think that's what we should all focus on, something that we can do, doesn't get boring, and when you can get paid to do something you love.. the money just doesn't matter as much.

2:04amAnthony

Totally agree with you if you love something and enjoy doing it. You dont mind the income and other stuff as long as it something you love. Now, talking about your websites what was the first website that you created and what was its purpose?

2:05amXGhozt

I don't remember, I've owned hundreds of domains by now..

I do remember, that I started out at 150m.com.. I think it was 2003

Such a horrible web host.. lol

2:07amAnthony

Understandable, well from that lets take Ghoztcraft, from when it has started to now do you see a lot advanced and updated things on Ghoztcraft then when it first started?

2:10amXGhozt

When I started, I had A LOT more free time. We started that site on geocities, as most of you know.. And of course, phpbb forums! Now more than half of the site is custom, or customized software. We've evolved into a great website, and the one thing that really makes that possible, is the community!

2:11amAnthony

On the same topic of Ghoztcraft, sense you have become busier in the future is it hard to keep Ghoztcraft safe/up to date?

2:14amXGhozt

Nope! Security is pretty much solid on the site. I check the security logs every now and then, there's more than 150 hack attempts on the site per month. We wouldn't be a very good game hacking community if we got hacked every other day! In terms of keeping it up to date? Well, I need help from the community, as my schedule becomes more and more clogged it's harder to keep track of the 40+ games we try to keep up with.

2:16amAnthony

Great, now to continue out of the websites you own now, which website do you believe shows your best work and you believe had the most success with?

2:18amXGhozt

Ghoztcraft.net is really the most successful website I've owned. But PurgeHosting.com is #2 - it brings in real money, and the design on the site is one of my best works.

2:19amAnthony

Now talking in money, does it cost money to keep up a website? If yes how much would/does a website cost?

2:24amXGhozt

Yeah, and it's not cheap!

I own several servers, each server costs about 200/mo

2:26amAnthony

wow 200 dollars a month is alot of money! Now could they get a smaller sever for less money? Also how do you keep up the payments for all your severs?

2:39amXGhozt

Donations.. donations.. donations! - And of course, my loyal client base at PurgeHosting.com. Oh, and I can't leave out my clients who love my web designs at XGhozt.com.

2:40amAnthony

Alright XGhozt thank you for your time. This is Cripp and XGhozt with a inside look at XGhozt life! Thank you again and good night =].

2:42amXGhozt

Thanks, have a good one. :P:P

Anthony is me.... Chris is XGhozt. Hope you enjoy.

Cripp... You may want to run a spell and grammar checker. :-

:P This reminds me of when I was interviewing people for the GhoztWiki. :P

http://wiki.Ghoztcraft.net/index.php/Hack_Creators

Someone removed me from that list. I was there before but now, poof. I'm gone. O.O'

I see what happened now. His name was removed, so he must have thought it was me and tried to "get revenge". >.>

Enough of a thread hijack though... :3

I was expecting a face on face interview...