Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for others interested in this...

So as you can see from my first post, I'm really into cooling my computer. Now I would like to go into it a little further. I'm looking for someone else that has some experience in this so that maybe they can help me out a little.

To start out, cooling is the key idea. To get the computer's ambient temperature as close to room temperature as possible. Why is this important? When you start your computer all metal components tend to expand, which is the nature of all metals. Over time all the expansion and contractions from heating up and cooling down can cause wear and tear on your computer. The benefit from having a ambient room temperature is all the components are already going to be at the temperature your computer idles at, hence little or no expansion from metal parts heating up.

With that explanation aside, I'm looking for some pretty far out there ideas for cooling. Obviously overloading the case with computer fans has been covered. Mineral oil submersion, liquid nitrogen, and other ideas like that are not what I'm looking for.

So if you have a great idea for cooling a computer's ambient temperature please make a post. I don't exactly know the community I'm talking to but if anyone else is interested in this I have a pretty vast amount of knowledge on it :D

-build the case out of wood, I've always wanted to do this :)

-liquid hydrogen :D

-Solid state hard drive

wood sounds tempting yet it since wood is an insulator...you can get where im going with this.. solid state drives are also tempting, however very pricey now and not worth it, in 2010 im doing a complete hardware overhaul to prepare for the 6 core intel processor

Build your computer inside a tricked out a/c unit, with a lot of filters.

sounds like a good idea but that would require alot of hardware to remove static from the air since really cool air creates static

keep it clean and free from dust always helps cooling, and stop overclocking.

you could also install a phase change unit.

no overclocking during temperature benchmarks, and does phase change have a way of removing static too?

The more expensive phase change units have shallow cells which will reduce the static.

Also if you are concerned with static build up you can always have a grounder inside your tower going to the floor. But usually the shallow cells will take care of the higher voltage damaging static.