Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

My new Rig

Specs in a nutshell:

Overall, I'm very happy with the new system. I've got tuns of room to grow. I plan on getting a second GTX 470 pretty soon, and adding tripple channel RAM to replace what I have in there down the road. I also plan on getting rid of that Wifi card and getting a PCI Express one to make room for the second video card.

I've been playing around with it for about two weeks now. So far every game I've played has been perfectly smooth, in full screen at the highest resolution. I can even use my dual monitor and watch hulu in full screen while I play starcraft two on "extreme". It's like having a game system and a TV. Even more awesome when I play games like Assassins Creed II with the xbox controller and then watch hulu on the other monitor.

169109_10150089061772481_649827480_6623815_959279_o.jpg

170650_10150089061722481_649827480_6623814_4729189_o.jpg

171573_10150089061302481_649827480_6623801_5951799_o.jpg

172097_10150089062722481_649827480_6623825_4382607_o.jpg

Too lazy to do math right now but how much did all that come out to be? My guess rounds up to $700 - $900 yeah?

Oh and Congrats and I'm super Jealous. Serious. Thats pretty much a similar setup I've been dying to have :D

Why must you box things out... i want to see EVERYTHING.... but nice!!

I don't know what any of that means.

My rig: Toshiba laptop. ._.

I don't know what any of that means.

My rig: Toshiba laptop. ._.

Specs in a nutshell:

• i7 Core 950 TEH PROCESSOR
  • DDR3 2200 (newegg) TEH RAM (STUFF THAT LETS YOU DO MOAR STUFF)
  • GTX 470 (newegg) TEH OVERPRICED BUT EPIC GRAPHICS CARD
  • GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 (newegg) TEH MOMMABOARD
  • NZXT Phantom (newegg) (
    ) TEH COMPUTER CASE

Overall, I'm very happy with the new system. I've got tuns of room to grow. I plan on getting a second GTX 470 pretty soon, and adding tripple channel RAM to replace what I have in there down the road. I also plan on getting rid of that Wifi card and getting a PCI Express one to make room for the second video card.

I've been playing around with it for about two weeks now. So far every game I've played has been perfectly smooth, in full screen at the highest resolution. I can even use my dual monitor and watch hulu in full screen while I play starcraft two on "extreme". It's like having a game system and a TV. Even more awesome when I play games like Assassins Creed II with the xbox controller and then watch hulu on the other monitor.

I LEIK MAI NEW MACHINE, IT PERFORM WELL AND ABOVE THE AVERAGE CITIZEN'S COMPUTER WITH BETTAR GRAPHICS

Better?

• Like 1

YUS TENK KYOO.

:D All I know is SC2 extreme=ridiculous computer.

rofl I'm glad I saw this topic.

I'm definitely using the little bit of extra money to buy myself a new graphics card. ^_^

LOL GhoztMan +rep.

I'm definitely using the little bit of extra money to buy myself a new graphics card. ^_^

Yeah, even with my old computer, that graphics card allowed me to play SC2 with all the graphics on high. I had to turn down the CPU intensive extra's though. I did learn that it is possible to buy a graphics card better than the processor, because I wasn't able to fully use that card until after I hooked up with the i7.

DDR3 2200 (newegg) TEH HARDRIVE

Better?

lol what?

lol oops; *FIXED*

Nice system Ghozt although I prefer ATI Graphics cards. In my opinion they're made better, but i will openly admit that ATI has SHITTY drivers... The only reason I prefer ATI is because the last NVIDIA card I owned... well... long story short: the FAN, MELTED (at stock clocks) .... and the whole card fried shortly after.... (Obviously)

Anyway... Nice system Ghozt. Now you can host Ghoztcraft off your computer ;)

LOL very nice!