Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Diablo 2 Security

whoever appointed the mods on this site is out of their mind

my first thread was about a d2 maphack and was closed saying stings is the safest, when the question was asking how the d2 secuirty works... wow way to totally not even read the topic

SO i'll ask again, and i'll even change the thread title so maybe your dumbass will understand it....

How does diablo 2 secuirty work? does anyone know? i've already made a maphack for d2 LOD that edits the memory to reveal the entire map, but i need to know if their security checks for memory changes, or if it just checks the process of known hacks like most other security programs

please don't mention anything of sting's maphack or any other maphack for that matter, the question is about the security not a maphack

k thnx

Should of been for specific

Dont use that tone with me,

IT WORK BY WARDEN CHECKING YOUR MEMORY THE SECOND YOU HAVE A PLUGIN YOU GET BANNED?

get that..

your maphack will 100% get owned the second you try it.

good luck

Yeah .ddl=Plugin.

... man you guys are on a hacking site... but you really don't know much of how to game hack...

if warden

i thought warden checks any program that runs with d2 that contains .dll files
that means it's like a rootkit that checks for progs that actuall hook into d2.exe or w/e its called and messes with things, regardless of .dll files (although most use them) which means an exe that simply changes memory would be safe... anyone know for sure tho?

editing memory and hooking into the exe are completely fucking different BY THE WAY :P

First of all to make a safe maphack your going to have to make a program that looks at the town.. Towns only change about 7 times and each town comes with a map... So if your program can safly Scan the town it can reveal the map..

Thats what Stings does..

Not even a plugin all it does is scan the town..

If you try anything else you wll fail this is why I said STINGS IS SAFE SO YOU CAN LOOK AT THE WAY IT WORKS!

Stings is not safe. It is detectable with, or without the plugin loaded.

The d2 warden system checks for 2 things:

1. any .dll programs that are loaded and being executed with diablo 2

2. certain combinations of events (how it detects bots) the bots do things differently than humans

for example, for spell. instead of using the equivalent of right click, it does it directly. (right click would trigger a certain combination of things which would cause the spell to cast, the bot would just skip this trigger and do it directly)

Edited by Drobber

I've always wondered why notepad is out when Stings is on...

Do you know if that contributes to it's detectability?

DONT FLAME-Invisible

Stings is TOTALLY dectable, i never used pllugins and still got banned

And warden in d2 checks all memory processes and checks to see if the map is revealed on client side in places it isnt in server side i think

Edited by Invisible

wow... obviously you guys need an extra program to maintain the .dll plugins like a firewall but im not sure which .dll protects you from being seen hacking.

Iv been hacking on diablo II for as long as I can remember, I have yet to get banned. If you do it right and don't run around yelling it out to everyone and try to not make it obvious its really quite hard to get yourself banned.

And, I saw a video on the warden a long time ago. They said that hundreds of people sit behind computers all day watching games and this warden thingy points out what games they SHOULD look at. Im not sure, I never really cared enough to look into it.

Drobber HUSH your talking abouta bot Stings IS NOT A BOT

and it IS 100% safe dont argue with me I know Diablo2 better then all of you put together

no, if you would have read my entire post, you would have known i was talking about what it looks for.

STINGS=DETECTABLE

STINGS DOES DAMN NEAR THE SAME THINGS AS BOTS. IT BYPASSES THE TRIGGERS REQUIRED FOR SEEING MAP, AS BOTS DO THE SAME THING FOR SPELLS. THEY BYPASS THE TRIGGERS REQUIRED TO CAST IT.

that, right there is why it is detectable

i no diablo 2 very well, do not think that i dont. and anyways the warden is not the same as d2 just because u no d2 doesnt mean u no warden and vice versa

Edited by Drobber

No it isnt..

Your stupid you dont even know what stings does

it doesnt do right cliks it does nothing .

Not one person got banned for using Stings Without plugin..

read blzzsector.com nothing man I suggest you shut up and dont spread false rumors

Edited by Invisible

lets watch the language here

Well the question was answered..

I'm going to close this :)