Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Police fire 50 rounds, kill groom on day of wedding (nov 26, 2006)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police fired 50 rounds Saturday at a car of unarmed men leaving a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day in a shooting that drew a furious outcry from family members and community leaders.

The spray of bullets hit the car 21 times, after the vehicle rammed into an undercover officer and then an unmarked NYPD minivan twice, police said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly would not say if the collisions were what prompted police to open fire.

It was too early to say whether the shooting was justified, Kelly said.

Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun. But police found no weapons.

"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

:hi2: Death Sentance to police. :wasntme:

omg.... the bastards.

No strippers were hurt right? Its all that matters =D.

Yeah that story is crazy, I heard about it over my vacation. It doesn't suprise me though because cops really try to find any way to open fire on suspects. Ramming a cop car, let alone several different times is considered assult with a deadly weapon....So it is really hard to say if they were defending their lives or not

i fucken hate pigs

Good thing I live in the States and you're in Canada because I plan to become a cop. :search:

That sucks. Thats New York for ya, shootin' up people fo no reason.

i thought the guy was killed before his wedding day :-/

That proves why people dislike cops...

the decision of a small group of cops in new york shouldnt reflect your decision of all cops everywhere. but yes, stay away from cops because everything on their belt is meant to hurt/kill and imprison you.

yup poply is right everything on there belt is meant to hurt/kill you.It kinda reminds me of back in the dark ages how they used to torture people with some of the cruelest devices/kill them.

yeah or just look at the huge history of cops fromt he LAPD who beat people and make false arrests on a semi regular basis

i think cops make way too many mistakes with innocent people while the bad people can get away.

Killing unarmed innocent people is less dangerous than killing armed dangerous people. LOL.

Actually the problem with the police is that they violate most of the rules more frequently than a normal person. They go through the red light easily without a reason. They turn left where a sign states they mustn't. Once I saw a police car with that lamp glowing stating it will turn LEFT, then it turned RIGHT. LOL.

And what's up with the hungarian riot in Budapest where they had beaten up several neutral people while those who were causing the strike were being shot with rubber bullets... Some guy became DEAF because the teargas grenade was shot to his ear... And the situation wasn't that bad when it started...

EDIT: Maybe the guy knew something he wasn't supposed to.

Edited by Zhuinden

They probably didn't tell the whole story...Like WHY the guys rammed into the cops??

Probably because the cops were following them closely, I mean I'D be scared if someone was following me closely at NIGHT time (I know it's night cause who has a bachelor party at a strip club in day? haha)

Anyways, a lot of cops are bastards...They're either really nice or really bitchy...My volleyball coach is a cop and he a bitch :D