Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

iPod takes bullet for soldier

ipod-soldier-bullet.jpg

Kevin Garrad of the 3rd Infantry Division looks to have gotten a little assistance from an unexpected source while on a street patrol in Iraq recently, when the iPod in his pocket got in the path of a bullet fired at close range, slowing it down enough that it didn't pierce his body armor. As if that wasn't a rare enough occurrence, as you can see above, the iPod in question was an HP iPod -- imagine the odds!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/05/ipod-ta...et-for-soldier/

Ipod saves life

Zune doesnt compete

well i think these words cover it: that mofo was freakin lucky

Ipods Are THE 1337

AND hp is the 1337 as well :P

lawl it was a 20 gig its not that much of a loss a real loss would be a 60 gig video ipod so it was his lucky day

on an off note: do you think the warranty would cover the ipod being shot?

Edited by Ruler of War

well i think these words cover it: that mofo was freakin lucky

Ipods Are THE 1337

AND hp is the 1337 as well :P

lawl it was a 20 gig its not that much of a loss a real loss would be a 60 gig video ipod so it was his lucky day

on an off note: do you think the warranty would cover the ipod being shot?

He's in the army, so chances are is that he will send it back asking for another and then they're going to want to blow him up and make him popular for 15 minutes and then Ipod can have a new slogan: Ipods save lifes.

And Ghozt, I thought you shut the RSS Feeds bot off :P (er...didn't shut it off, but you know what I mean)

I did, I'm posting these on my own.

You guys can post news shit too.

i'm sure that guy is happy he didnt cheap out and buy a nano.

this is old and i read a newer article that said that the ipod was what showed him that he was shot it was his new armor that his unit was given that stopped the bullet and not the ipod, but the ipod was what told him that he was shot

Ipod the Best help people to focus , calm people down when there stress and its a life saver.. when i go to war going to have like 2 ipod on left and right of my chest....(justt Kidding)