Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft 2 + Dial-up

Will Dial-Up (56k modem) work with Starcraft 2  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Dial up works with sc2?

• Yes
    • No!

Hey Just wondering if enyone knows or thinks Starcraft 2 will be able to run on a 56k modem (dial-up). rawr! i vote yes because i have dial-up and i can run WoW on dial-up with minor problems so i dont see why starcraft 2 wouldn't work never lags on sc broodwar.

personaly i doubt it.. but i voted yes because you state you can run wow without problems. so sc2 might not be that far fetched, how ever i have never experienced 56k moden(dial up) so i cant have to much of an experience..

Dial up sucks so much I doubt it so I voted no. ISDN sucks and that's better... I remember when I had connection problems with my 28,8 kbps dialup modem on UT. No, it wouldn't run. Seriously. Get a better net if you can afford it.

Dial up sucks so much I doubt it so I voted no. ISDN sucks and that's better... I remember when I had connection problems with my 28,8 kbps dialup modem on UT. No, it wouldn't run. Seriously. Get a better net if you can afford it.

k wow... yes dial-up sucks and.... you do know dial-up costs more then high speed? considering its 30$ a month + another phone line for it so its around 70$ a month guess u didnt know. Also you should know that high speed isnt everywhere in the world or i guess u didnt know? dial-up is the onlyfuckin thing that my road can get. Dont even mention satelite internet.

Good?

~ 200 HUF = 1 $

When I had ISDN then it was 6000 HUF / month. That was 6 years ago. Now my Cable (8192/384) connection is 9000 HUF. Does that REALLY cost that much?

Actually, there are almost no places where the worst net available is not 512/128. There are some, but not many. Well, ISDN is not even available anymore in this city...

And satellite's upload sucks ass.

Edited by Zhuinden

hell no, sc2 is designed for vista and osx, dialup will lage liek a bitch, bw might run w/o lag but sc2 is full 3d and all the terrain is active, meaning not just idle crap you cant go on like some of the doodads in bw, sc2 you can go over anything, sc2 is like graphic magic theres no way its going to be able to even run on dialup.

i say no and hope not dial up causes laggers i pay 25 a month for my dsl its3mb and 1mb cost 15 amonth from att no second line needed and its always on

I hope not, I don't want to have to deal with laggers.

i doubt sc2 is going to be as succsessful as sc... think about sc was like the best game since 95 on the nintendo.... and ppl still play it ..

I say Yes... I hope so. I dont think 56k(Dialup ) will work on CS but sc2 it should.. Dial up have less dropouts than any other connection :P

you guys are crazy you know dial will work but will be really crappy.

I think it will not work. WoW really doesn't have that much of a lag issue unless your computer can't handle it. If you think about it, WoW doesn't really need that high of a connection speed. Think of what needs to be constantly updated in WoW, that requires sending and recieving data. It's actually not much.

Now SC on the other hand. The data being sent between each computer isn't much compared to SC 2. But it's far more than what is being sent in WoW. Your comp must keep track of each unit's location on the map, it's HP, it's MP, it's status, etc. That is the most that takes up network usage on SC. Now imagine all the new things in SC2. All of that, plus the many other effects that may come into play such as the terrain features, and probably a whole lot of other things that we haven't seen yet. Along with the fact that SC2 will most likely be meant for Vista on up. I doubt it will be able to be played with a regular dial up connection. Your gonna need something faster...

Personally I don't see how anyone uses dial up anymore. It is so annoying It just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.