Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Reformatting A Mac

hello, i really need help in this and ide greatly appreciate this.

Problem: i have a macbook 06 and it's locked by an admin and the guest account only has minimum functions and i dont have the cd to allow me to be admin of that computer.

I need: I was wondering if ne1 know how to get a program to reformat a mac or a disk to reformat the macbook.

Is there a place on the web where i can burn a CD then stick it in the macbook and it will reformat? if so please please tell me i really need this.

i have never worked with a mac b4 so im pretty noobie with 1 if ne1 knows how to fix this please post or pm me.

Easy Fix..

You don't need to reformat it. :P

Login to Single User Mode and type as follows (Command-S on Boot):

PRESS ENTER AFTER EACH LINE!

1) sbin/fsck -y

2) sbin/mount -uaw

3) rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

4) reboot

After you reboot, you will see the welcome screen and then you can create a user with root access.

Nothing was deleted.

Enjoy!

ghozt can u log into aim for a sec please?

No, but ill be in FlashChat.

Easy Fix..

You don't need to reformat it. :P

Login to Single User Mode and type as follows (Command-S on Boot):

PRESS ENTER AFTER EACH LINE!

1) sbin/fsck -y

2) sbin/mount -uaw

3) rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

4) reboot

After you reboot, you will see the welcome screen and then you can create a user with root access.

Enjoy!

kk just a question how do i log into single user mode? because when i start up the computer loads a bit then says enter user name and password right away and when i log in with my password im in a guest account.

Nothing was deleted.

To get into single user mode you need to hold the APPLE button and the s button at the same time while the computer boots. Its like pressing F1 when you boot on windows to try and get into the BIOS. On we are loading Single User Mode on a Macintosh, and in this case COMMAND-S are the keys you need to push.

kk thanks alot im gonna go try that on it ill brb thanks again!

damn does this work for an apple ibook G4 it's a laptop, i just tried and it didnt do nething maybe the admin locked that aswell if thats possible 2 do on a mac?

and also there is an aiport card inside idk if that matters