Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Spyware Removers

HijackThis does not detect spyware. It is not meant to scan and find spyware. It will not find more than spybot adaware or any other spyware scanner/cleaner. It only scans certain parts of you computer and if you try to fix/clean your computer with it without knowing the program you could crash your computer. Look at these sites for more info http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial42.html.

Thats a good free one. They didnt make it though. They bought it and put their name on it it took away a feature and took away windows 9x support. When giant had it you could install it on windows 9x. Giant was selling it but when ms bought them, ms made it accessible to all. Well almost all not for window 9x computers lol.Even ms antispyware will leave stuff behind that hijackthis will remove. They have forums to post hijackthis logs and remove the left over junk spy/adware leaves. I disagree with you on the only microsoft knows lol.

Thats a good free one. They didnt make it though. They bought it and put their name on it it took away a feature and took away windows 9x support. When giant had it you could install it on windows 9x. Giant was selling it but when ms bought them, ms made it accessible to all. Well almost all not for window 9x computers lol.Even ms antispyware will leave stuff behind that hijackthis will remove. They have forums to post hijackthis logs and remove the left over junk spy/adware leaves. I disagree with you on the only microsoft knows lol.

well, ms certainly has an edge on finding the spyware considering they are finding it on their own OS. its still a nice program to have since its free and small.

A edge? Spy/adware scanners was out for years before ms even got one. They didnt even make the one they have lol. Yeah like i said its a good one. Finds more than spybot and adaware. All the legit paid products listed on that page I gave before http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm will find more than the free ones. Not including ms antispyware it use to cost then ms bought them and giving it away. Pretty good imo as long as they keep up the good work like giant did.

A edge? Spy/adware scanners was out for years before ms even got one.

i didnt say they got an edge cuz they made a spyware remover first (which they didn't). they got an edge cuz they made the OS that it will be used on.

wow i ask'd for da spyware stuff like awhile ago n u guys still giving it?

lol o well anyway hijackthis is a program to scan your registry and other stuff so you no whats in it and u dont no or if it somethings bad you can remove it is not a spyware or aware remover nutcracker