Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Online has affect

(Aug. 21) - An Alaska mom is asking one airline to reconsider its policy after her 15-year-old daughter bought a ticket and boarded a plane without ever being asked to show her ID. The girl hadn't asked her parents' permission to fly.

source: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/runaway-gets-...S00010000000001

Online does this or is it there life?

They dont have IDs in alaska... because alaska is next to canada... and we know how canada is

Why was this posted in news?

*moved*

Because this was on the news.... But im serious.

I'm serious too. Don't post stuff like this in the news section. Incase you didn't realize it, topics in the news section are on the front page of gc.

I don't think this has anything to do with "online".

if you follow the link there is a video watch it.

It's not the "online's" fault at all, it's the parents fault for making her want to runaway in the first place. There are other ways to buy airline tickets besides the internet.

I'm serious too. Don't post stuff like this in the news section. Incase you didn't realize it, topics in the news section are on the front page of gc.

I think it was ment to be he world news section.

Oh... Well i thought it wasnt world news. it was just news but the news thing goes bla.....

Am I the only one that is actually discussing the topic?

I said that if you watch the video it has to do with online dating.

Ok not exact words but still. Click the link then watch the video. This would have not happened if it was for online dating.

I watched the video halfway through then closed the window i have a headache and reading your yellow text probably isn't helping.

I don't really see this is that important.. lol

People post non important stuff all the time. But as you can see this has little importance. How online can affect real life and people are idiots now of days.

Don't be so unaccepting, if you call other people idiots expect to be treated the same as one.

Yes i accept that because some of the things i do are idiotic.

Forget it it's to hard to give "idiots" special treatment to where I treat them like one. Besides you may be idiotic but you're nice about it.

Lol. But seriously who doesnt think twice about hey how does this girl have all this money (it was in one and fives). Doesn't ask for a parent or id.... Then she was goin to take a plane because she wanted to meet a guy off line. Really people dont learn in till they get them selves hurt.

I don't know I've had some pretty intimate online relationships, but I would never suggest them to come meet me, or me come meet them.

poor cripp lol he makes a topic and all u can do is bitch about where he posted it and what color his font is jeez ppl u must be bored?.

lol can u blame the girl? she has to share her password with her parents for her myspace....eh bit to controlling there mom and dad. N yeh i can see how this has a little bit to do with something online. If she was never online she wouldn't of met that guy and would of never of gone running away to meet him. seriously tho who the hell would do that lol... It could be some serial killer posing as some teenage guy and this dumb Eskimo comes running ( flying ) over there to meet him. Yeh that's an A+ moron for ya :)

So yeh the net did have something to do with this but hell the net can get you to kill yourself if you have no common scene at all.

She probs just wanted to get out of Alaska friggin cold who the hell would want to live there.

Yea i agree. Plus the person can take pictures off of were ever or use family member pictures and pretend to be a certain age. Witch when she got over there how would she eat and sleep? If her parents didnt realize she was gone in till she was there they would have to spend more time looking for her. Its funny that she got money from stealing from her mom and dad and planed to use it on a plane.... to meet this unknown guy.

I hate to see people talk about what they really don't know you don't know the girl you don't know the guy and what situations they're in stop acting like you do don't judge people period.

Edited by aNiMe_FrEaK_