Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo's Profit Nearly Doubles

Nintendo's profit nearly doubles in first nine months

Never mind the Wii shortage issues. Nintendo today reported its earnings for the first nine months to December 31 and it was a very rosy picture indeed. According to the report, sales during the period topped $12.3 billion while its profit nearly doubled from a year earlier to $2.43 billion.

These numbers were propelled by booming sales of its Wii console and DS handheld: over 24.5 million Nintendo DS units have been sold across the past nine months, with the Wii selling in excess of 14.29 million during the same time frame. Based on these figures, the company has raised its sales forecast for the full year to March 31 to $15.2 billion, but kept profit forecasts unchanged at $2.5 billion.

Source: http://www.techspot.com/news/28741-nintend...ine-months.html

Damn i wish i owned nintendo. it seems like they started a small revolution. i bet 100 years from know nintendo is going to beable to put you into a game then use that to control the world

it seems like they started a small revolution. i bet 100 years from know nintendo is going to beable to put you into a game then use that to control the world

haha for some reason you made me think of the movie Demolition Man. i dunno if you've seen it, but it's the one with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, and Stallone is a cop who was frozen in the past and is thawed out in the future. Anyway, they invite Stallone to a formal dinner at Taco Bell and he's all "taco bell ftw" and Sandra Bullock's character explains to him that Taco Bell was the only chain to survive the franchise wars, and that all restaurants are now Taco Bell.

ehh it aint that much... if you think about it

more then what u have zander lol

Nintendo = shit

use your money on a Xbox or Ps3. i cant beleive people buy this stuff! Nintendo is seriously for little kids, what with there Yoshi's and freaking Kurbys and Italian people with moustaches >_>

only thing PS3 is good for is bluray lol

i dont know why people hate the Wii so much yet it out sells Xbox and PS3.

the PS3 would sold much more and faster if SONY kept the backwards compatibility with PSX/PS2 games. but sony didnt and they see the outcome.. also most of the hardware dont work unless you get an adaptor.. like for the PS2 controllers to work with the PS3...

i dont know why people hate the Wii so much yet it out sells Xbox and PS3.

the PS3 would sold much more and faster if SONY kept the backwards compatibility with PSX/PS2 games. but sony didnt and they see the outcome.. also most of the hardware dont work unless you get an adaptor.. like for the PS2 controllers to work with the PS3...

this is why i dont want a pS3 coz i cant play my old ps2 games on it.

meh it seems like nintendo is doing good though they've became the biggest sell console

more then what u have zander lol

i won the lottery... my name is bill gates

XD

Nintendo is one of the best things ever for console gamers...even people who don't like what Nintendo has become, they should at least appreciate it for what Nintendo has given in the past...for example:

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy V

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Illusion of Gaia

Battletoads

Mario Kart

Ninja Gaiden

Zelda

Zelda: A link to the past

Ocarina of Time

Goldeneye

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Castlevania

Tetris

I'm sure I'm missing some other important things...

And if nothing else, the NES built a huge clientel, without which, Sony and Microsoft may not have had a good enough reason to venture into the world of console gaming. And even if they did, you think they'd offer services and products that measure up to what they are as we know them? I doubt it, Nintendo has raised the standard of excellence at [almost] every turn(I don't think the Gamecube was up to snuff for Nintendo).

And I can understand someone's argument for why people should buy a 360 rather than a Wii, but certainly not a ps3. It's still too expensive. They should have just left it without the Bluray and sold it for less.

Nintendo is one of the best things ever for console gamers...even people who don't like what Nintendo has become, they should at least appreciate it for what Nintendo has given in the past...for example:

Final Fantasy III - GAY

Final Fantasy V - GAY

Chrono Trigger - ?

Secret of Mana - ?

Secret of Evermore - ?

Illusion of Gaia - ?

Battletoads - sounds gay

Mario Kart - gaaaaay!!!!

Ninja Gaiden - sounds gay

Zelda - GAY

Zelda: A link to the past - GAY

Ocarina of Time - ?

Goldeneye - ?

Street Fighter - ok

Mortal Kombat - good

Castlevania - ?

Tetris - ok

I strongly doubt you've played almost any of those that you labeled as "gay". Correct me if I'm wrong.

nope, played all of them.

Final Fantasy- Shit game play, i just hate it how you do that take turns combat system.

Mario Kart - fucking lame with kiddy characters, i mean WTF is a yoshi? a stupid little dinosaur character that makes odd noises. a monkey named after a donkey?

the only good game with animal characters would be Ratchet and Clank

Battletoads- sounds like toads battling eachother

Zelda- a elf character that is hard to be identified as a male or a female. very childish gameplay aswel

some of those games u said have didnt start with nintendo, and r used withevery console

Fair enough since you've actually played them. But your opinion of a game being gay simply because you don't like turn-based RPG format is very closed-minded...for some people, the story line is as important as gameplay. You disliking a game doesn't mean that the game necessarily sucks...all it entails is that you don't like the game.

Useless random facts: Yoshi is a dinosaur. As for Donkey Kong, the creator originally thought that "donkey" meant "stupid" in english...it was supposed to be taken as "stupid ape".

And if Nintendo sucks so bad, then how come more "this generation" Nintendo consoles have been bought than both 360 and playstation combined?

Worldwide sales to date:(http://www.vgchartz.com/)

Nintendo Wii-20.05 million

Nintendo DS- 66.45 million

Xbox 360-16.64 million

Sony PS3-9.43 million

Sony PSP-30.64 million

That puts Nintendo at 86.5 million, 360 at 16.64, and Sony at 40.07. Speaking strictly of the larger consoles, Sony got their asses handed to them. To be fair, if microsoft made a handheld, it'd probably be totally badass and outsell Sony's PSP, and be somewhere closer to Nintendo...but as that isn't the case, Nintendo is clearly dominating the sales. I'm all for everyone having his/her own opinion...but clearly most consumers do not share your sentiment toward Nintendo.

You know, if you were a little more reasonable and unbiased, people might take your opinions more seriously.

some of those games u said have didnt start with nintendo, and r used withevery console

Final Fantasy 3-a console role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) in 1990 for the Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom, known internationally as the Nintendo Entertainment System)

Final Fantasy 5-first appeared only in Japan on the Nintendo Super Famicom

Chrono Trigger-published by Square (now Square Enix) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Secret of Mana-developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Secret of Evermore-console role-playing game for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Illusion of Gaia-an action-RPG video game that was released on January 1, 1994 for the Super NES

Battletoads-was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1991 and then ported to the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis in 1993

Mario Kart-a series of go-kart-style racing video games developed by Nintendo

Ninja Gaiden-Released for both the NES and arcade in 1988

Zelda-a video game designed by Shigeru Miyamoto and developed and published by Nintendo

Zelda: A link to the past-developed and published by Nintendo for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Ocarina of Time-an action-adventure game developed by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64

Goldeneye-GoldenEye 007 is a 1997 first-person shooter video game developed by Rare for the Nintendo 64

Street Fighter-Street Fighter made its debut at the arcades in 1987

Mortal Kombat-released in arcades in 1992, hit sega/SNES consoles in 1993

Castlevania-The series debuted in Japan on September 26, 1986 with the release of Akumajō Dracula for the Famicom Disk System(made by nintendo)

Tetris-Originally made for computer.

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

Seems you're right...Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat originated in the arcade, Ninja Gaiden began in the arcade and NES the same year, and Tetris on the PC. Course I can live with 13/17 since it was just a list off the top of my head. :P

ive been a PS fan since PSX and still am a fan.. i played the Xbox and 360 but i never liked it and the controller is bulky or maybe i just gotten used the the PS controller..

like is said, if Sony still made the PS3 backwards compatible with older PS games, im sure it would out sell the Wii in a heartbeat... the Wii was backwards compatible with Gamecube games which was a helping hand in the demand which was hard to Nintendo to keep up..

i have both the Wii and PS3, i still play my Wii, PS3 no as much as the games are still limited.. but i love my PC, i cant get enough of it.. which is the best gaming hardware i ever have.

have you wunder what Nintendo would be if they made the jump to CDs as the next console instead of N64???

PS2 > PSX > PS3 LOL

PSX Functionality time: around 3-4 years if chipped, even more if not (or maybe more? who knows?)

XBOX360 Functionality time: max 1 year because of an in-built hardware production failure, LOL?!

Anyways, it's a small revolution as planned. The Wii was originally going to be called "Nintendo Revolution" anyway :D

Final Fantasy III - Gay -> You mean VI? Then WIN

Final Fantasy V - Gay -> Pwn

Chrono Trigger - ? -> One of the Best RPGs Ever, how can you not know about it Magical. Noob. I got all 12 endings and replayed it 7 times. I should play Chrono Cross once..

Secret of Mana - ? -> Hahah how can you not know THIS? It owns, especially SoM2 (Seiken Densetsu 3).

Secret of Evermore - ? -> The story was crap.

Illusion of Gaia - ? -> Didn't like it, Terranigma > IoG.

Battletoads - sounds gay -> you're a noob it pwnt your ass

Mario Kart - gaaaaay!!!! -> no idea.

Ninja Gaiden - sounds gay -> never played, but you haven't either. how can you judge it..

Zelda - GAY -> do not want!!

Zelda: A link to the past - GAY -> played twice and I always got stuck. /me doesn't liek.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - ? -> Never played..

Goldeneye - ? -> never heard of!

Street Fighter - ok -> naaah

Mortal Kombat - good -> naaah

Castlevania - ? -> I liked Aria of Sorrow...

Tetris - ok -> hahah ok? that was like one of the greatest games in history, made in Russia.

Okay, here are my comments. Also, HOW CAN YOU FORGET TALES OF PHANTASIA AND STAR OCEAN FROM THE LIST?! OMG

Never been fortunate enough to play them. Don't think I've ever heard of Tales of Phantasia, guess i'll go look it up later. I didn't know the first Star Ocean was on a Nintendo system...I never heard of the series until Star Ocean 2 was on PSX(a game I loved every minute of, by the way). I actually have a bootleg copy of it, but no modchip to play it with...I'm sure you can imagine how irritating that is. Which brings another good point about the PSX. Burned copies of games that we were able to play because of hardware that Sony themselves produced...that's just poetic.

Actually I liked Star Ocean for its music, not for the game. It was quite a pain to play because it freezes up often with ZSNES, and I use that. It works normally usually with SNES9X, with no freeze. Tales of Phantasia is my favourite RPG for all systems, it's SNES.

Hm well I'll hafta keep a look out for it so I can try it then...I'm always down for some classic RPG action...they just tend to be hard to find if you don't have a copy from way back when. Maybe I'll hafta go download an emulator or sumthin.

I always played with emulator. ZSNES + Tales of Phantasia / SNES9x + Star Ocean is the way. Go to frozen roms, that site isn't bad and you might find something. I don't guarantee it.