Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Constant Reloading?

Well It happens when I'm browsing the forums, I'm starting to think that the shoutbox is reloading my entire page, idk so thats why I'm asking, anyone know why? (theres probably a few of you going "duhhhh")

Well it doesn't do that for me so I personally dunno.

Just curious, Do you use firefox?

I use firefox 2.0.something, what version do you use. It works fine for me.

My problem is everytime I exit firefox Ghoztcraft logs me out. It is getting extremely annoying having to log back in every time I exit.

Are you allowing Ghoztcraft to place cookies on your computer?

Yep

Its a feature.

When you login, make sure you check he box "Remember Me". Also, make sure that firefox doesn't delete cookies after it's closed. I'm able to login and stay logged in for days with or without closing firefox. At the very least, let firefox remember your password and then you don't have to type it everytime.

Erm O_o I'm confused was that aimed to his logging out problem or my reloading problem? sounds confusing

My problem is everytime I exit firefox Ghoztcraft logs me out. It is getting extremely annoying having to log back in every time I exit.

I have that too, but I got used to it. It was more annoying when I had just come here, when everytime I opened a new tab on the site it logged me out. Seriously, this is nothing compared to that.

Oh, and cookies are stored on the comp and the remember me is ticked.

If your IP Address changed, or you opened Gc anywhere else on the computer (like a different browser) that would cause you to get logged out. It's a security feature that prevents your login session from being stolen.

I didn't do either.. I just close FireFox.

I just started getting the same issue....

You're using firefox 2.0.0.14 right?

Have you also had issues viewing pictures on their direct links?

HELLO! Are we talking about my problem O_O?

I am.

AMOF I am also, and It's not really an issue about the logging in thing, but I have it also I log in everytime I visit, and yes I do have it as remember me on the log on screen. I have one of my homepages as GC forums and the link is there at the bottom right everytime I enter the site so It's easy enough for me to log in again.

I'm pretty sure that its the shoutbox that makes the site reload, on one of my other games they had something similiar to the shoutbox, it had a automated reload so that you wouldn't have to refresh to see the new posts, it would reload the whole page, somewhere along the coding they targeted the entire page rather than just the frame which encloses the shoutbox, maybe it is the same problem here?

The shoutbox is AJAX, there isn't any "reloading" - It's all in the background.

Regardless, I'll look into it..

How did you guys conclude that it was related to the shoutbox?

Shoutboxes don't reload the whole page.

Even if it didn't use javascript, it would still just be an iframe with a meta refresh in that, not the main page.

So this is not related to the shoutbox.

I'll start to take jing vids of it next time it happenes to me.

XGhozt:

Well it was using java, I don't know everything about it but as part of the coding the page was refreshed, the problem was that rather than targeting the frame ('shoutbox' equivalent).

Not sure what you mean by "How did you guys conclude that it was related to the shoutbox"

But this site was created/coded from scratch 98% sure using javascript, so it doesn't really apply to this but I was thinking it might help solve the problem, I know it's not just as others have posted the problem but it happens usually right after a page loads, so maybe its a link or some frame content that may cause the page to reload, maybe because of an error (the first thing that it would do to confirm the problem is to reload the page) (<Taught that stuff there) that isn't really there, it may be just a glitch IDK. hopefully some of this helps. =-)

Azu, please the read the entire post rather than just skim over it, I said that it wasn't a shoutbox it was similar the website was created from scratch not an empty shell filled with 'whatever'.

Until I can reproduce the error, I can't fix it.

Well this is the info about the firefox I am using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

Thats the best I can do, maybe its just firefox users? IDK

XGhozt:

Well it was using java, I don't know everything about it but as part of the coding the page was refreshed, the problem was that rather than targeting the frame ('shoutbox' equivalent).

Not sure what you mean by "How did you guys conclude that it was related to the shoutbox"

But this site was created/coded from scratch 98% sure using javascript, so it doesn't really apply to this but I was thinking it might help solve the problem, I know it's not just as others have posted the problem but it happens usually right after a page loads, so maybe its a link or some frame content that may cause the page to reload, maybe because of an error (the first thing that it would do to confirm the problem is to reload the page) (<Taught that stuff there) that isn't really there, it may be just a glitch IDK. hopefully some of this helps. =-)

Azu, please the read the entire post rather than just skim over it, I said that it wasn't a shoutbox it was similar the website was created from scratch not an empty shell filled with 'whatever'.

What site are you talking about?