Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

black hole type project thing scares me

i just recenetly found out that a ton of a scientists are gonna be making some kind of thing that lets them see in the past or somthing i havent read to much about cause it has me worried that it might destroy the world by creating tons of micro black holes and that one might grow and swallow up the earth i havent read that much about it its just havin me a bit scared and one thing i heard is that their gonna be testing in october or somthing or september but right now all i know is that there's a chance the world is gonna be destroyed and one other thing that worries me a little is the 2012 thing but not as much as this black hole thing but any news about it that wont get me scared anymore?

i just recenetly found out that a ton of a scientists are gonna be making some kind of thing that lets them see in the past or somthing i havent read to much about cause it has me worried that it might destroy the world by creating tons of micro black holes and that one might grow and swallow up the earth i havent read that much about it its just havin me a bit scared and one thing i heard is that their gonna be testing in october or somthing or september but right now all i know is that there's a chance the world is gonna be destroyed and one other thing that worries me a little is the 2012 thing but not as much as this black hole thing but any news about it that wont get me scared anymore?

Those are your problems, stop freaken about something you know nothing about because you didn't take the time to learn about it. Let me and enlighten you with this link. Read about stuff from reliable sources for crying out loud.

It's not going to make black holes

I can understand why you are scared, but some of the best scientist from over 50 countries have contributed to this. the people who didn't well not exactly GREAT scientist, or Mayan Calendar conspiracy theory believers both of these think OMFG BLACK HOLE OF DOOOM!. They already did experiments and nothing bad has happend. Also according to some theories black holes get smaller over time and pretty much shrink to nothing. And yes you heard right their will be more experiments in October.

Edited by Speedskater

These collisions happen millions of times a day in our own atmosphere of the earth and nothing happens. I am not worried about it.

The LHC will not make black holes that will destroy the planet.... Even if it did create one black hole it would a micro black hole that would take an immense amount of time to take up 1 gram, but not after it gets pulled to the middle of the earth because the gravitational pull of the earth will be more than the tiny black hole.... so it's only a problem if plan to be alive for 10+ billion years.....

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

The LHC will make black holes, but they won't be big enough to suck anything in and will dissolve within seconds, not leaving them enough time to even be able to do anything. Besides, the LHC is located over near France; at least they'll be the first to die ^_^

The thing you should worry about is 2600. They hacked into the LHC.

Doesn't mean they can't do it again, and do something with it, though.

be more worried about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfoQsZa8F1c X1000

Edited by Speedskater

Micro Black Holes have been mathematically proven to radiate Hawkings radiation and disappate. This makes them last for only nanoseconds. Hardly enough time to swallow up the earth. And I doubt this experiment is even going to make black holes. I think it'll just change the way the particles interact with each other and that's it.

Nuclear reaction

A nuclear reaction involves the collision of individual particles or combinations of particles, or the emission of particles from the nucleus, to form nuclei that are different from the original. This will often result in the production of new elements due to heavy nuclei being broken apart (i.e. nuclear fission) or light nuclei being bonded together (i.e. nuclear fusion). The vast majority of nuclear reactions occur in stars where the extremely high temperatures encourage high energy collisions between nuclei to create new elements. Students often consider nuclear reactions to involve similar processes to chemical reactions, but new elements can never be created by chemical reactions.

Oh,

Sorry it was just my immediate response without doing any research. A.k.a speaking without thinking first :blush2:

They have already done their first and many experiments. It is up and running.

it will make a black hole, yes, but its so small that it collapses in miliseconds

Knwn ive never seen you before... who r u :)?

What if theres been intelligent life all over the universe and they all got the point were at now and died from black holes because they past the speed of light!!! :)

What if theres been intelligent life all over the universe and they all got the point were at now and died from black holes because they past the speed of light!!! :)

That sentence barely made sense... :/

Wait how does they going past the speed of light make them die from black holes? o.o

uumm i find it odd that last night i had a dream that there was a black hole sucking up the earth but then it woke me up

That is just your brain facing your fears... :/