Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Languages To Hack With

Hey guys i just wanna ask some questions

First of all, i want to say that i know java inside out. Ive gone very far with it. Unfortunately, you cant really hack with it. So now i'm going to learn one of three languages over this next couple weeks:

either Python, C++, or VB.NET

my question is, which one is most useful for hacking and why? Can you hack with all of them, or just one, etc. I would really appreciate some constructive advice. Whichever language is the best for hacking, i will learn next.

I'm willing to work really hard and who knows maybe one day ill be like you experts!

thanks!

You can create hacks using C++, and VB.NET, I have no idea what Python can do, but I'm very sure it can be used to create hacks as well.

You can create hacks using C++, and VB.NET, I have no idea what Python can do, but I'm very sure it can be used to create hacks as well.

oooh thankyou thankyou very much.

So you are absolutely sure that both VB.NET and C++ are adequate for creating functional hacks?

thats totally awesome! So ill start learning VB.NET because it can also create killer GUIs so thats cool too.

Anybody else have any info on the subject? specifically about python?

VB.NET should not be recommended for creating game hacks unless they are simple memory patch type hacks you are wanting to make, you will be very limited to what you can do thats why you would want to use an assembly language like masm or C++ with inline asm for creating more advance game hacks.

VB.NET should not be recommended for creating game hacks unless they are simple memory patch type hacks you are wanting to make, you will be very limited to what you can do thats why you would want to use an assembly language like masm or C++ with inline asm for creating more advance game hacks.

I argee, but if you know some knowledge of masm you can go ahead and code in C++. But if you have no knowledge you might as well start with low level programming cause masm is easir, but than again C++ is a high level programmer for example Zynastor he is high level. But my idea is to start low level. But its up to you.

learning a low level language first isn't necesarry. the only bonus of learning masm first is that you'll get used to seeing and understanding asm instructions and you'll have it easier when debugging and dealing with inline asm in c++. I'd suggest using c++ since once you start getting into complicated programming designs they are usually easier to setup and manage in c++ than masm.

learning a low level language first isn't necesarry. the only bonus of learning masm first is that you'll get used to seeing and understanding asm instructions and you'll have it easier when debugging and dealing with inline asm in c++. I'd suggest using c++ since once you start getting into complicated programming designs they are usually easier to setup and manage in c++ than masm.

Thanks alot for all the advice guys! I've actually worked with C++ its like identical to java in many ways, so i could honestly learn it to pretty great depth over the next month if i spent quite alot of time in it.

So what exactly is inline ASM? is it where you call ASM from C++, or a C++ program in ASM?

Finally, is it hard to learn ASM? C++ is easy to learn but i'm more worried about the assembly language part. That stuff seems hard

thanks guys. i know this is tough since i'm such a nooby and i must sound like a total idiot. but honestly it means alot to me.

Inline ASM is ASM coding in a C++ project.

asm_
{

}

Laid out something like that if I remember correctly. I don't code in C++ so I wouldn't know for sure.

How the hell can you say mASM is an EASY LANGUAGE. It's ASSEMBLY.

How the hell can you say mASM is an EASY LANGUAGE. It's ASSEMBLY.

masm and ASM are pretty much the same thing... :/ Some people refer to it as masm, others call it ASM. Tomato Tomato.

Not really. mASM is a bit more advanced than normal ASM. However, my problem is that ASM is something that is rather hard to understand, imo.

Masm is the easiest language to learn ^_^. I use to thought that ASM means Masm32, but there the same to me.

Masm is the easiest language to learn ^_^. I use to thought that ASM means Masm32, but there the same to me.

No, ASM means Assembly and masm is just an assembler like fasm, nasm etc. It's also much easier to learn a high level programming language like C++ than a low level assembly language. Most people creating hacks for starcraft in masm still know very little about the language and are lucky that there has been a lot of open source code that seems to be messy and poorly coded anyways.

No, ASM means Assembly and masm is just an assembler like fasm, nasm etc. It's also much easier to learn a high level programming language like C++ than a low level assembly language. Most people creating hacks for starcraft in masm still know very little about the language and are lucky that there has been a lot of open source code that seems to be messy and poorly coded anyways.

Right, i was under the impression that ASM is the language and MASM is just the assembler. thats correct?

I would assume that ASM is MUCH harder to learn than C++. In fact learning C++ is pretty easy.

Whats the best resource you would suggest for learning ASM? How did you learn it yourself

DUDE thanks SO much! i LOVE that thread and heck, the whole forum!

thanks again!

is he going to add a third tutorial to that thread?

He said he'd work on one, but I think he forgot about it. XD

Inline ASM with C++ because you have that C++ factor. I was thinking of picking up C++ soon, just because of it's versatility.

Inline ASM with C++ because you have that C++ factor. I was thinking of picking up C++ soon, just because of it's versatility.

Yeah thats what i was thinking! that sounds good.. but its too bad now all those MASM tutorials arent as useful because i'm not going to be using MASM. thats a pity. i take it you know ASM?

ASM is useful when it comes to debugging because guess what debuggers display CPU coding in? ASM... I am oh so very sure you'll be using a debugger. Or else you won't be able to do crap in SC.

haha OF COURSE i'll use a debugger! without a debugger.. you cant do shit!

wait but as zynastor said MASM and ASM are different.

MASM32 is an assembler. ASM means assembly.

when you compile ASM code within C++, the C++ debugger takes care of the ASM right?

Edited by hackerindisguise