Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Battle.net 2.0?

Well, I stumbled upon some rumors that upon the release od Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3, Blizzard is going to update Battle.net to version 2.0, thereby linking all of their games together. Apparently they have already begun stages of this by distributing a Battle.net.dll in WoW updates. Apparently, Battle.net 2.0 will feature some sort of web browsing interface. The dll apparently is inactive, however, with the release of more games and updates by Blizzard, could be activated at any moment, connecting to the new Battle.net Server located at Blizzard's HQ at Irvine. Who knows, maybe the rumors that Blizzard will shut down all Starcraft servers IS true. Unless Starcraft suddenly gets a massive update allowing it to work with the new Battle.net, I don't see SC surviving the update.

Private SC Servers, here we come?

That would be utterly gay if they just said "HAI GUYZ WE KNOW U LIEK THIS GAEM BUT I GUESS MY MONIEZ IS MOAR IMPORTANT" and would remove the possibility of staying and playing Starcraft considering that SC2 will have insane System Requirements.

Eh, idk about insane system requirements. From Speedskater's post, IGN has said that each Starcraft installment is about the same size as Starcraft BW. I think the game just looks very pretty, but it won't suck up system performance. In a way, I kinda admire Blizzard's updating capabilities and strategy.

but Warcraft3 will work with this new battle.net won't it?

Yes most likely, Warcraft 3 is still a game bnet cares about, there are tons more players on Warcraft 3 then SC

Many people play SC as well. Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't.

if they remove SC there will be millions of people that will be pissed.

I think that they're going to make it a "Pay to Play" style since they thinks that we'll most likely be most willing to pay and play. They just want money and reduce the abusing, ect. I'm not quite sure too there...

and what will zynastor do about oblivion

What you are referring to there, is just a big "if". "If" Zyn even sticks around for SC2, then we might see something more from him. But lately he's been thinking about retiring. he only came back because this patch came out.

i doubt that they would kick off the million or so people that play SC. But you never know.

If original Starcraft is taken away, I am done with anything Battle.Net, Blizzard and GC.

same i would like to play wc but i lost my cd only got the expanion and its not installed

Seriously, how would you make hacks for SC2, it will be hella more protected than WC3, and WC3 already caused problems.

and what will zynastor do about oblivion

i highly doubt there will be hacks for SC2

I highly doubt you are right.

Well, probably you'll be able to hack in UMS, maybe. :o If we're lucky.

I only want maphacks in SC2

If any hacks did come out for it, you can be pretty sure that would be one of them. And you will have to pay for it before anyone makes it public. (as in free)

I hope this actually happens.

It would basically have the same concept as Steam then.

The web browser part is really stupid though; just going to create unnecessary lag.

Will be cool though, because then I could talk to my friend who is always on WoW while I play SC.

I havnt read most of the posts in this topic but in my opinion

1. Blizzard will not make battle.net a pay to play

2. Blizzard will join West and East <3

3. Wc3 and Sc will still be capable for battle.net

4. Sc2 and D3 will also have a clan system similar to wc3.

Hope this come true mostly likely 3/4 will.

this will completely change the way packets are handled, disableing all bot's for most likely a month atleast

I would hate to have blizzard combine east and west om b.net2