Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Resolution Hack

Fraps.

I got a full version of FRAPS if you need it.

Hi i released a new version 0.5 that works with the new starcraft version 1.16.1.

Damn patches.

I can't get this to work, I keep getting errors. One time it launched the game in full screen, except the game was a small resolution and I had giant black bars around the game.. o.o

Can you give step by step on launching this correctly?

Yeah you start up SC using DxWnd.

Start up the Resolution Hack.exe.

Select your actual screen resolution (Your monitor's actual resolution, NOT what you simply have it set to.)

Click OK or whatever the thing says to start it up.

Starcraft should now open up to be displayed centered in your screen with a big black border around it's edges.

DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING on the main menu, use the hotkeys.

And do not even press any hotkeys if your cursor is not on the screen.

Select whatever game type you will be playing.

Once you enter a game, the hack will then display Starcraft in full screen mode. THAT is when you will see it at work.

thx viper ^^ you saved me some time. but normally it should be possible now to click on multiplayer or singleplayer in the main menu.jeahh

You do know this program will not work for everyone, cause some people screens are tobig and tosmall. However i don't need this i can play starcraft on my tv :(.

this hack is to increase the resolution so you can view a bigger area.doesn`t matter if you have a big tv or a small.

I followed Viper's guide and it didn't work. I got errors.

Guess it only works for some and not all then. Thankfully it works for me ^_^

if you want me to work on that errors then please send me the error message you got and the log.txt in the resolutionhack folder