Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

We Have An Issue

Guys Im looking at the server right now and it's showing me that the CPU load level for Gc is a little high. Its at 9.40 And it should be around .20 to 1.40 .

So I look at the processes useing ssh and I see that on Ghoztcraft the shoutbox is taking up 4.5 CPU useage. So we have to do something about this, either make the shoutbox smaller, disable guest accees, or remove it all together. That is whats making Ghoztcraft so slow lately. If you think about it, its refreashing this one page for everyone on the site, thats 30 pages loaded at the same time, every 30 seconds. o.0

Anyways, what should we do.

hmmm...weird because it seems to load fast on mine...

you have your settings set higher

for shotubox

disable guest access, force them to join if they want to join in the fun. Not sure if it affects it but limit the number of characters that can be typed by a person and maybe some of the smilies like the nuke and other ones that take up alot.

this is actually one of the faster sites for me, hm weird.

and limit the number of shout outs that can be made per X seconds by everyone

1 person says something next perso ncan't say anything for 10 seconds

zomg....

tats uber ghey

just make it so the same person can shout again for 10 secs

does the color of text affect the chatbox? if so maybe turn color off at peak hours

The color is rendered clientside, however it does send hextags along with it.

im not understanding the problem, i mean the sites running fine, so whats to fix?

im not understanding the problem, i mean the sites running fine, so whats to fix?

You're a dumbass.

thnxz. So sorry im not as smart as you when it comes to that, but i could say the same about you in certain areas.

thnxz. So sorry im not as smart as you when it comes to that, but i could say the same about you in certain areas.

You can't say anything about me.

i can

dumbass

biotch

what the hell is your problem game?

And btw, if you wanna reduce your cpu or w/e and the sb is the problem, why not just have the shoutbox on the main forum page?

Edited by Div

what the hell is your problem game?

And btw, if you wanna reduce your cpu or w/e and the sb is the problem, why not just have the shoutbox on the main forum page?

Then everyone would use mine, and it wouldn't cause any change in load. You could just prevent double rendering by just using mine, and making a toggle inthe UCP for the shoutbox.

I don't even think this site is going slow.

Guys its not that the site is slowing down. Its that its useing all the Ram and CPU, this is bad becuase eventually that will ware out, then gc is gone untill I can come up with 500 bucks. But its not like its making the CPU Shoot WAYYY up there, its just running a lil higher than it should.

Ill Quote my Host:

I did note that you were using nearly half of your swap space. This will cause some thrashing as the system pages blocks of memory to and from disk due to lack of RAM, and therefore will drive the IOwait and load up if you get a spike in traffic.

I would strongly consider adding another gigabyte of RAM to the server to help reduce the amount of swap used. This should help your server's performance significantly.

That GIG of Ram will cost us $300 a year. :-/

Do you guys get the idea now? :ermm:

That GIG of Ram will cost us $300 a year. :-/

Do you guys get the idea now? :ermm:

You mean it will cost you :P

We need to take fast actions though.. I don't want to see this site die o.0

Edited by KkK-CIA

yea thanks for clearing that up, i say do what you have to to keep the site alive

The Groups:

Banned

Validating

New Members

Have been disabled. They will no longer be able to veiw the shoutbox, or shout in the shoutbox.

Do what you gotta do ghozt, I'm sure whatever it is we'll support ya on it.

Ghozt, what if you hosted the shoutbox off another site?

Then he had to pay on a another site o great one.

Ghozt this is what you do-

1.Buy a gig of ram and shove it into the owners ass.

2.Buy a gig,Go there at night.Snipe out the first guy.Get to the servers,And find yours,shove the gig in.If people come you :assassin: :bow: