Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Mod Question

Can somone explain a way to remove a unit so that your Starcraft doesn't show it/"read" it.

Ex.Make it so that when I build a Medic, or somone else does, I wouldn't be able to see it, because you modded the structure path or/ edit the units.dat file. I know it sounds pointless, I just want to know if it can be done, and if so how. I have used ICE to try to make the initial animation end with the death animation and save the .mpq but that doesn't work. So how would it be done?

Well, in the case of a medic you can just play Starcraft without the Expansion Pack. :(

But modding a unit out would take quit a bit of editing. Google for starcraft mods and see how they do it, then you can just copy them.

I've already spent many hours searching on how to. But I haven't found one that explains anything on taking one out. :-/

You can make the mod and then jsut edit the button off of the building that builds it.

yea dude this is possible, but it wouldnt work online >.<

I didn't mean button wise, I ment literally make it so your starcraft won't show a certain unit, like it doesn't even know the unit is there.

Adam are you sure that wouldn't work online? It wouldn't be effecting the packet sending (which would cause a desync, and disconnect) because all it would be doing is my Starcraft wouldn't acknowledge the fact that the unit is there, not that I have somthing that I shouldn't.

So basiacly you want the unit "invisible" to you..and ONLY you?

And to also make it not selectable?

If your SC wouldn't acknowledge the unit as being there, then wouldn't that affect the packet sending?

Maybe, but not nessessarly. It could be tellin my SC that it is there, but I still can't see it, seeing it or not wouldn't effect what goes out, as long as my SC knows it is there. And if that wouldn't work then, Ok make it so you can "grab" the unit, but you still wouldn't see it. Ex. You see nothing but grass, you make a box with your mouse and "grab" the area and select the unit, all you would see is the unit's portrait and it's health/def info and whatnot, but you still wouldn't see the actual unit there, just it's portrait, and various info. Then your SC would be acknowledgeing the fact that the unit is there, but still not show it.

Like this: :D

Edited by hacker1337

hacker1337 did you get my PM?

hacker1337 did you get my PM?

Yup...