Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Aspects of starcraft v1.15

I just realized something..

Blizzard did not create the auto save to make it easier for people to view replays. They incorporated that into starcraft because now if someone hacks, when its saving the reply the game will crash or freeze! This is going to be something very hard to get past when creating hacks. I think the only way to do it would be to disable the auto save somehow.

Removing the download status was due to the fact that people where abusing it and spoofing their download status. That probably caused more problems with blizzard's support they they needed. It was an extra feature, and not something that needs to be part of the game. That can be easily added into another hack later.

Mac's have been crashing constantly when playing starcraft with hackers. This is nothing new, but why patch it now? I think the only reason that makes sense at this point is they did not know how to fix it. But, what did they change to fix this? If someone did create another multicommand will macs still crash, or will this leave hackers even more undetectable?

Ok, so we all know about the stacking burrowed units glitch. What could they accomplish by patching it? Probably less complains from users claiming it to be a hack. I'm sure that over 50% of all hackers actually believed that it was a hack, or claimed it to be so. So if blizzard is now preventing us from things like: text stacking, building stacking, and unit stacking, the same seems to be plaid more and more as if this is what it was designed to be.

So, I bring to the table the following questions:

- What hack would be now possible to take advantage of starcraft?

- - We no longer have the ability to commence anything that when played back in a reply without the same hack loaded will play fine.

- - - So, how can we incorporate a hack that is invisible to the reply?

- Last time they claimed a stacking bug was fixed we where able to work around it.

- - Perhaps we can do the same with stacking units again?

- - - Perhaps patching the glitch only opened new doors?

- The security in starcraft has not changed in 1.15 compared to 1.14.

- - So, it appears that blizzard is taking a new approach.

- - - They are now using the bugs in hacking against the hackers that use the bugs in starcraft to exploit the game.

So, whats next?

Okay so I'm confused with this "Auto Save" thing. I've played a few games today...I don't recall anything telling me the game was saved. Do we no longer have an option to save the game at the end where the stats are, it will just do it for us? And if this is the case what do you mean about crashing? How would you crash during the game if the replay doesn't even save until the end? I'm sure it's a really simple concept but how you worded it didn't make sense to me sorry lol.

Well, it writes the reply as you play it.

Remember in the past games, where saving a reply would crash if someone was hacking. Well, now its constantly saving the reply, so hacking at anytime will result in a crash.

Well it doesn't appear that Blizzard has fixed anything that deals with text, drop hacks, etc. For now, we'll be sticking around the simple basics. :)

Does this save thing actually turn into a file put into our SC folder...because that would take up a lot of space hella fast.

According to blizzard it does.

I really hope Show Selects gets updated. I was really getting use to that.

dud don't worry you just right all the way around the boat, if they was as smart as they say then hacks would never work on b.net period .

Wow, that really would suck, but im sure we will be able to disable anti-save. I mean, that would be the easiest option.

Does this save thing actually turn into a file put into our SC folder...because that would take up a lot of space hella fast.

It re-writes over each last saved game, so you wont have more than one auto-saved game at a time unless you rename it.

The download status area will now be where the player's League symbol is placed... its pretty annoying though, theres no way to tell who has downloaded and who has not.

Play on Ghoztcraft's private server. You can play with any patch. And all CD Keys work.

Damn Right.

lol that;d be funny if all bnet changes servers.. hahaha :(

Well, if everyone on Bnet were to connect to the private server, it would die because of a huge overload.