Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming is having a dream that you have an influence over.

ME and Lucid Dreaming

I discovered lucid dreaming when I was 16, exploring the shelves of my local library. I knew what the word lucid meant, and I knew what the word dream meant.

But I was completely unaware of the fabulous world of lucid dreaming which awaited me!

The pocket-sized book I read wasn't huge (maybe 70 pages), but it was enough to give me my first lucid dream. And I was hooked. It was amazing! All I did in my dream was have a conversation with someone from primary school who I hadn't seen for years.

But, Oh! The potential!

I have since fought with a dinosaur, flown to the top of a mountain, walked on water, clapped my hands and had them go right through each other, met Superman, shouted at a school teacher, and competed in the Olympics.

I just did these things whilst my body was asleep, that's all.

My BODY was asleep, but my mind was very much awake.

Welcome to the world of lucid dreaming :-)

Source(s):

http://www.squidoo.com/remember-your-dreams

http://www.squidoo.com/lucid-dreaming

--

I've opened a Lucid Dreams team.

Join Here: http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/index.php?autocom=teams

I've been working on learning how to lucid dream for several months now. I've finally come to have a good understanding of it and I'd like to share it with you. But I'd rather do it with a few people who are interested and who would take it seriously.

So, if you're interested in learning how to lucid dream and you want to discuss and share secrets regarding them. Such as how to make them last, or how to get one started, then join the team.

Post your thoughts here, have you ever had a lucid dream, do you know what one is? Did you know it was possible?

This sounds cool. I really want to try this XGhozt.

I'm going to sleep right now, but read those two links up there under the listed sources to get started, I'll approve and finish setting up the team when I wake up. This isn't something you can just do, it takes some work to get started. But, it's worth it.

Things like keeping a dream journal, and trying to remember your dreams is probably the first step to getting started. I'm no expert here, but so far that's what I've learned.

SOunds like fun...ill have to try it out when i have the time...i started a clan and its really active and keeping me busy...we will see what happens i guess.

so XGhozt, this is sort of like having dreams that you want? and well, they just feel really nice?

yes basicly from what i learned you need to first understand your dreams. Once you can do this and rember them, you can start to lucid dream. i have been asking my self all day "Is this a dream?" and i would feel myself to see if im real

I also would ask myself if this was real, then I would also feel Xthar to make sure that I am real... ;)

Lol. Idk I have actually tried this before. Most dreams I remember; however, this is very hard to accomplish. One thing I have learned is how to cut off pain receptors. I mean I will feel the pain, but I can control it. Sounds weird and emo, yes, but Anny told me how to do it. But ya, i'll try it again. They say though with lucid dreams, you don't get the same affect of the sleep. You don't get as restful or something like that. Kinda weird but I wanna do it again.

Wasn't this posted like a year or two ago on BWH? Loool.

Sounds interesting, but when I'm sleeping and I try to forge a moment of my dream into my mind, try to make myself able to remember, the depth of my sleep disappears and I usually wake up.

Judging without trying it, it kinda must feel like smoking a joint without smoking a joint, if you want to make you feel that way.

wierd... really wierd

I learned about this in psychology

so XGhozt, this is sort of like having dreams that you want? and well, they just feel really nice?

Not only that, but you can manipulate and influence them. You don't have 100% control, and that's partly why it's so complicated.

I also would ask myself if this was real, then I would also feel Xthar to make sure that I am real... :D

Lol. Idk I have actually tried this before. Most dreams I remember; however, this is very hard to accomplish. One thing I have learned is how to cut off pain receptors. I mean I will feel the pain, but I can control it. Sounds weird and emo, yes, but Anny told me how to do it. But ya, i'll try it again. They say though with lucid dreams, you don't get the same affect of the sleep. You don't get as restful or something like that. Kinda weird but I wanna do it again.

You have no idea what you're talking about, that's not even close to what this is.

Really, care to shed some light on the subject?

I didn't learn much, since they can only learn about it from what people say... you can't tell if someone lucid dreaming or not.

I didn't learn much, since they can only learn about it from what people say... you can't tell if someone lucid dreaming or not.

I've had a few, I wake up too quickly to really take advantage of it.

I've had a few, I wake up too quickly to really take advantage of it.

Most of the time when I lucid dream, I wake up when I realize it.

Edited by AKA

Well i allmost had one today. I woke up though. I wrote down the dreams i could rember. I had 4 really good ones that i could rember.

Lol... I don't have a clue what I was talking about either... V.V

I've controlled my dreams a couple of time, but it was weird I knew it was a dream but when I tried to think of something the oppisite thing happened. I didn't even know what it was at the time I just kept thinking of controlling my dreams everynight and eventually I guess it got stuck in my subconscious and I remebered it while I was in a dream. Well I didn't have much controll over my dreams I just new they were dreams, I always woke up shorly afterwards.

Sounds fun, but unrealistic IMO.

It's a very real thing, and you have to experience one before you can fully grasp the concept. In the dream, you know you're dreaming, it's like day dreaming and making up something to think about. Use your imagination. Now picture doing the same thing while you're actually sleeping, it looks, and feels extremely realistic.

Lol... I don't have a clue what I was talking about either... V.V

Read the two sources I posted, and just google "Lucid Dreaming", you can find lot's of things.

I've controlled my dreams a couple of time, but it was weird I knew it was a dream but when I tried to think of something the oppisite thing happened. I didn't even know what it was at the time I just kept thinking of controlling my dreams everynight and eventually I guess it got stuck in my subconscious and I remebered it while I was in a dream. Well I didn't have much controll over my dreams I just new they were dreams, I always woke up shorly afterwards.

From what I've read, that's how most people discover them. And that's usually one of the longest lucid dreams they will have. You should join the team and see if you can focus the skill and do it again!

Join the team here (Click only once to join): http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/index.php..._team&tid=6

Wow, you know what's odd. Last night I actually remembered what I dreamed about. And that happens rarely :o What a coincidence? O_o

Wow, you know what's odd. Last night I actually remembered what I dreamed about. And that happens rarely :o What a coincidence? O_o

That just means you're on a good sleeping schedule. Start writing down your dreams and reading about lucid dreams, that would put you on your way to having a few.

I have had lucid dreams since I was a toddler. Weird thing is I actually remember some of the dreams that I had when I was really young. It has always been this way for me. I really don't know of any different ways to dream.