Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 May Come Next Year

Windows 7 may come next year

windows7.jpg

In a surprise move, Bill Gates has just announced that the successor to Windows Vista, codenamed Blackcomb, or Windows 7, may arrive next year, instead of 2010 as originally expected. "I'm super-enthused about what it will do in lots of ways.", said Bill Gates when making the announcement.

However, it is unknown if the new release will include certain features stripped from Windows Vista before it's release, such as WinFS. Another surprise announcement was Microsoft's decision to continue shipping copies of Windows XP, which goes against their earlier decision to stop supporting the popular operating system, and now Microsoft only plans to stop shipping Windows XP until after the release of Windows 7.

Source: http://www.fragya.com/news/technology/148/

Ill get it when it is as bug free as XP....

Sounds nice, Vista was a failure, but otherwise, XP rocks and I hope 7 to be even better.

Windows 7 better not fail like Vista did.

yeah, vista is worse than 98. I see they moved it up so many years because vista was a complete failure. I hope they don't rush things like they did with vista.

yeah, vista is worse than 98. I see they moved it up so many years because vista was a complete failure. I hope they don't rush things like they did with vista.

Seems like they already are, considering Vista is pretty recent and they've already began to talk about the next OS.

Well hopefully windows 7 will do better then vista

Well, im stayin with XP untill i hear of an OS that owns the rest :D

This is seriously real? I mean Vista was talked about for years, and it costs so much and is so "different" how can they possibly be talking about a new OS? Rather than just a Service Pack. Maybe it's just me and because I wasn't around computers too much in the 98 days. But it seems like the jump from 98 to XP took a long time, AND XP lasted A LOT longer than a year before Vista came around. I don't see how this is possible, even legally really considering how much it cost to upgrade to Vista. You can't pop out new OS's every year like they are some kind of Expantion Pack for a game, and then charge up the ass. Someone please explain?

"You don't fix what ain't broken."

That makes me angry. My computer has vista and I was hoping that they would fix all the bugs to make it better. Oh well.

I wonder if this was an April Fools joke done by Gates . . . ?

It's not a joke. I was reading about Windows 7 before Vista was released. They've been working on it for a while now.

Windows 7 better not fail like Vista did.

If it does then Microsoft is screwed for good. rofl

You don't fix what cannot be fixed.

rofl

So true.

+rep for that one

W/e , they realized that Vista was terrible, so they want to strip it down and replace it quickly probably hoping to debug it on the market.

why even go up from XP. It was so much of a success. I guess they got cocky with themselves and got owned because of it.

i dont understand.. they...they release vista......then...another os? wtf..?

i dont understand.. they...they release vista......then...another os? wtf..?
Yes. A few years after they make an OS, they make another one.

They have been doing this for the last 2 or 3 DECADES now.

Yes but what he means is why so soon and I think its because MS wants to put Vista behind them.

It costs a lot more than that just to put it behind themselves, imho.

Im happy their still going to keep windows xp going its such a solid OS i would hate to see it go.

This also reminds me of windows 2000.... it was an epic fail then windows xp came out and it (xp) was the best thing ever.... so if said pattern continues... xp good vista bad windows 7 should be kick ass... lol

Quote: "OH SHIT, WE SCREWED UP. COME OUT WITH A NEW ONE FAST!" --Microsoft

lol...

lol turns out W7 is just a remake of XP just with 64 bit and 32 bit compatibilities.

yah.... xD..... shit based off of shit is shit. XP = shit, windows 7 will = shit