Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Bug That Excretes Oil

I don't get it

I don't get it

And you never will.

If you look at the time i edited it, it's before anyone replied to it.

Interesting.

Chemicals.

Making Oil takes Charcoal.

According to this post it just takes wood chips.

Anyways, plastic is very useful and don't we need oil to make it? Or is there a way to make it out of hydrogen?

That's Petrol. You use heat to change Petrol to Gasoline.

You keep thinking that way, and you will soon see more homeless people than you have ever seen in your life. True, people could walk and or ride a bike. But not everyone lives within "biking distance" to their job and even so, the prices affect company's as well. Company's can't just "bike" everything to their store.

LoyaL Posted Today, 01:3

Pay attention this is hard to explain. T_T Sometimes i don't even get it.

Oil Companies control our government. Close to Fact.

Lobbyists push different taxing and sanctioning against Hydrogen Fuel, so it costs nearly 6$ "a gallon."

Once The price of gasoline reaches 6$ a gallon, people will say fuck you to the government, and figure it's the same price, less polution. Sure, the cars cost more, but with oil prices surely continuing to rise it is worth it.

Also, the reason it is at 6$ a "gallon" (hydrogen) is the lobbying and the supply/demand type things.

In other news, there are air compression powered cars that fold up.

I'm all for alternatives. However I don't think raising it to $6 first before we even have those reliable alternatives is a very wise idea.

I can see why you would think that although how important would an alternative fuel source be if gas were back down to $1/gal? People will only see how serious the situation is once the economy is hurting because of a dramatic increase in price. That and if people drove less the demand would be lower than the supply so the price would go down.

I understand what both of you are saying. And it's probably because of my own values, if I had the power I would seriously try to fix the problem before it became so bad. But knowing how the government will try to squeeze us till the last drop before taking action. I understand but for people-like me/my family who are not "rich" and are in the "lower bracket" 6$ a gallon will literally Fuck us. So since I understand the problems with it, I see it as we need to fix it before it gets to that. Understand the difference of what I mean?

@those of you that are spamming this thread, you need to stay on topic, or take it to the spam board.

I'm all for alternatives. However I don't think raising it to $6 first before we even have those reliable alternatives is a very wise idea.

I can see why you would think that although how important would an alternative fuel source be if gas were back down to $1/gal? People will only see how serious the situation is once the economy is hurting because of a dramatic increase in price. That and if people drove less the demand would be lower than the supply so the price would go down.

I understand what both of you are saying. And it's probably because of my own values, if I had the power I would seriously try to fix the problem before it became so bad. But knowing how the government will try to squeeze us till the last drop before taking action. I understand but for people-like me/my family who are not "rich" and are in the "lower bracket" 6$ a gallon will literally Fuck us. So since I understand the problems with it, I see it as we need to fix it before it gets to that. Understand the difference of what I mean?

@those of you that are spamming this thread, you need to stay on topic, or take it to the spam board.

+1 for against spammers.

I total agree with you. I'm just more pessimistic about the government and feel they will let it go out of control and would take the gas price to get that high before anyone did anything about it. I would rather fix the problem before it got to that point as well.

You don't understand. It isn't the government that doesn't care, it's the people. You didn't give two shits about the environment or making the change to Hydrogen and other cleaner sources of transportation either, until it affected you with gas prices.

Once everyone starts to realize there are alternatives, then the change will be made.

Once everyone starts to realize there are very appealing and relatively easy to use alternatives, then the change will be made.
Fixed.

I don't have money to spend on cars that use fuel that I can't even fill up on as there are no stations in my area for it. And I do things like recycling all of the time. I don't leave trash and shit on the ground. I do what I can, when I can.

>>>Honda rolls out a new zero-emissions hydrogen vehicle<<<

The FCX Clarity, which runs on hydrogen and electricity, emits only water and none of the noxious fumes believed to induce global warming. It is also two times more energy efficient than a gas-electric hybrid and three times that of a standard gasoline-powered car, the company says.
The biggest obstacles standing in the way of wider adoption of fuel cell vehicles are cost and the dearth of hydrogen fuel stations. For the Clarity’s release in California, Honda said it received 50,000 applications through its Web site but could only consider those living near stations in Torrance, Santa Monica and Irvine.

Well there is another step in the right direction.

Edited by Fc3sZero

I don't have money to spend on cars that use fuel that I can't even fill up on as there are no stations in my area for it. And I do things like recycling all of the time. I don't leave trash and shit on the ground. I do what I can, when I can.

That might help a little, the main problem is oil though.

I never would've though you could make crude oil from bugs.

Don't ask me about the oil crisis, because I don't have an answer. =P

What we really need is for the technology in Sweden to take hold in America. This bug stuff is cool and all but we have the technology to get over 144 miles to the gallon going 114 miles per hour. Now tell me why we haven't mass produced these engines? The reason is us. We are to set on SUV's, big trucks and such. There is no demand for this new technology. Maybe this fuel crisis will make Americans change their minds about buying these big engine gas guzzlers and settle for engines with 2.5 liters and below.

Edited by Zar

the sales in Trucks and SUV's have dropped considerably lately, so maybe we are in the right direction. I have no interests in SUV's or insanely large trucks.

What we really need is for the technology in Sweden to take hold in America. This bug stuff is cool and all but we have the technology to get over 144 miles to the gallon going 114 miles per hour. Now tell me why we haven't mass produced these engines? The reason is us. We are to set on SUV's, big trucks and such. There is no demand for this new technology. Maybe this fuel crisis will make Americans change their minds about buying these big engine gas guzzlers and settle for engines with 2.5 liters and below.

Interesting. I've never heard about Sweden being advanced mechanically, just that they have fast internet.