Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Apparently, Black Hole is racist.

This is just fucking ridiculous. I am sorry to say it, but any black person who thinks Black Hole is a racist term is just fucking stupid.

Sorry guys, seeing crap like this really pisses me off... Just imagine of someone called him a nigger...

(Which, in my opinion, he is a nigger... Only because he is this offended over a term that has been used in science for many years.)

Texas County Official Sees Race in Term 'Black Hole'

DALLAS — What do "black hole," "angel food cake," and "devil's food cake" have in common?

They're all racist terms, says a Dallas County, Texas, official.

A county commissioners' meeting this week over traffic tickets turned into a tense discussion over race when one commissioner said the county's collections office was like a certain astronomical phenomenon.

"It sounds like Central Collections has become a black hole," Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said during the Monday meeting.

One black official demanded an apology, and Commissioner John Wiley Price, who also is black, said that type of language is unacceptable.

At the meeting, Mayfield said he intended his comments to be taken in the context of the scientific meaning, and became upset that he was being misunderstood.

In astronomy, the term black hole refers to a star that has collapsed upon itself, creating something so dense and small that it does not have any physical properties besides a gravitational force so great that even light cannot escape its pull.

Later, Price told MyFOXdfw.com that he believed it and other terms were racist.

"So if it's 'angel food cake,' it's white. If it's 'devil's food cake,' it's black. If you're the 'black sheep of the family,' then you gotta be bad, you know. 'White sheep,' you're okay. You know?" Price said.

Price said people should watch their words when it comes to stereotypes.

"I think people should always be careful. You know, I'm okay if I'm 'bartering' with you. ... But if I try to 'Jew you down,' Oooooh. Is that racist? I thought it meant the same thing? No, maybe it doesn't."

The world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking might have a solution to the problem over perception of the astronomical term. He refers to the phenomenon as "a singularity."

Source(s): http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380143,00.html

I'd say that is the biggest load of shit I've heard in awhile but ofcourse I'm not black so it's hard for me to relate. I like the term "a singularity" better than black hole anyways. I think people should not be so sensitive about this. it's like a Christian freaking out becuase an object appears to be an upside down cross or that my Thor's hammer I have in my car resembles one too.

This is completely ridiculous. Good thing there weren't any feminists in the room becuase they might take offense to the use of the word "black hole" also. :blush2: :hi2:

Damn niggers!

Nah, I love black people. -_- -- I do live in Detroit after all.

No... Pretty soon, things will no longer be black... They are going to be african-american colored.

Heh. That is also the biggest load of shit too. Fuck you if you think you are african-american. African-American doesn't describe a race... It descibes a heritage.

I know three black guys who are from Jamaica so therefore, they are not African American... They are Jamaican American...

-_-

Nappy Headed Hoes.

'Nuff Said.

It's not that surprising. It's Texas.

yea,because one ignorant black guy represents all of texas.

No... Only one black guy exists in texas... >.>

wow like seriously? I've heard stupid stuff before but this takes the cakw

Well, Considering the Cake is a Lie...

There are many stupid stuff originating from Texas. Like, the abstinence thingy which says if you obey christian bullshi- your life as a teenager won't be corrupted.

Some of the coolest gay people iv ever met are from texas, and they all play WoW, alot.

One of them bought me 500gold on Zul'Jin server for my birthday once, he was a good friend.(No comeing onto me or anything, he was just wealthy and enjoyed my interwebz company -_-)

Ahem, racisim yes yes... uhh... its wrong... and stuff, but this wasent racisim, this was ridiculousness at its finest.

This is Liberal BS don't let it get to ya or else you'll get pissed off about alot of things such as in popular science they talk about space debris and make it sound like everyday we have washing machine sized satalites falling from obit.

Mental note " add black hole to list of racist words to call gooner". And another hand wtf that black fool smoken if some one wanted to be "racist" they would have flat out called him a nigger am i right?

And another hand wtf that black fool smoken if some one wanted to be "racist" they would have flat out called him a nigger am i right?

Crack, Magic Bitch.. Crack.

Well...

I guess we should sue Sound Garden now... (Black Hole Sun)

The girl in the single frame preview... looks horrific.

I anti-lol'd. :)!

Sound Garden > Racisim :P

Edited by Vailence

No... Only one black guy exists in texas... >.>

common stereotype of texans.. In my city specifically white people are the minorities... probably 70% black 20% mexican 10% white :P

And they say blacks and hispanics are the minorities...

That was exactly my first thought, or she was pukeing up vanilla milkshake. :)