Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Version String Change

I love doing this i even added it into my .dll. You can go in olly, and do this too.

The hook:

invoke JmpPatch, 5122C8h, addr VersionText				;Changes the version text

.data
VersionText	 db 4Dh, 61h, 73h, 65h, 72h, 58h, 2Eh, 64h, 6Ch, 6Ch, 20h, 56h, 65h, 72h, 73h, 69h, 6Fh, 20h, 76h, 31h, 2Eh, 30h, 2Eh, 31h

Prints "Hacked by ProMasser" If you want to change it go into olly, and get type this address in "5122C8", than click ok after that right click "Follow in dump" after that select the whole "Version 1.15.2 unknown", and right click "Birnay" > "Edit..." than in the ASCII box type anything you want, and after go to single player, or anything, and go back to the Version string there you go your custom version string.

I love doing this i even added it into my .dll. You can go in olly, and do this too.

The hook:

invoke JmpPatch, 5122C8h, addr VersionText			   ;Changes the version text

.data
VersionText	 db 4Dh, 61h, 73h, 65h, 72h, 58h, 2Eh, 64h, 6Ch, 6Ch, 20h, 56h, 65h, 72h, 73h, 69h, 6Fh, 20h, 76h, 31h, 2Eh, 30h, 2Eh, 31h

Prints "Hacked by ProMasser" If you want to change it go into olly, and get type this address in "5122C8", than click ok after that right click "Follow in dump" after that select the whole "Version 1.15.2 unknown", and right click "Birnay" > "Edit..." than in the ASCII box type anything you want, and after go to single player, or anything, and go back to the Version string there you go your custom version string.

So you're hooking the string? Is the string executed at all? Unless your JmpPatch does some crazy shit, your code shouldnt work or do anything expected. All it will do is write 0E9h and the address of VersionText at 5122C8h.

Maybe

invoke WriteMem, 5122C8h, addr VersionText, lengthof VersionText here

would work better.

Edited by KcProductionz

umm wut it supposed to do?

Hell my spoofer does this, please tell us something we don't know already. :/

ouch, bring a nigga down...

He's just trying to publicize some code, help some nubies out.

Thanks, Masser.

.if wParam == VK_PAUSE
	invoke WriteMem, 004D94B9h, addr NOPx1, 1
	invoke WriteMem, 004D94BAh, addr NOPx1, 1
	invoke WriteMem, 004D94BBh, addr NOPx1, 1
	mov PauseSwitch, 1

woopdeedoo a pause hack.

Dude Viper just nop 3...

invoke WriteMem, 04D94B9h, addr NOPs, 3h

ouch, bring a nigga down...

He's just trying to publicize some code, help some nubies out.

Thanks, Masser.

Yah, but his code that he posted doesnt really do anything except write 5 bytes to the version string, and those 5 are not any of the bytes he intended to write. He hooked a string to jmp to a string, and those strings are never executed so it does absolutely nothing.

The code he posted does not benefit anyone, it in fact hurts people trying to learn.