Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Verizon Wireless

As everyone knows, Verizon Wireless recently merged with Alltel.

I had an HTC Touch Diamond from Alltel. It was a very solid and good phone.

Here is some of the stuff I had:

GPS

Bluetooth

Touch Screen

Windows Mobile 6.1

Opera

Google Maps

Wifi

4 gigs internal storage

528 megahertz processor

200 megs available ram.

One night, I went to bed and the screen messed up.

I woke up in the morning, and there is this huge spot that looks like grease on the phone.

So I called tech support and they sent me out a phone from Verizon.

Well here's the problem. The phone Verizon sent me is the same thing, but...

It has 100 megs of available ram vice 200

and no internal storage (there is a sd card slot...)

I have lost 100 megs of ram. The phone software itself takes 35 megs of ram. When I get a call, that takes 21....

So Between the phone and the calls, it takes up 56% of my ram.

Then if I have any programs like a camera (20 megs) try to run, the phone says its out of memory and I have to close programs.

Now... I tried calling VZ and they told me that they sent me a replacement that was comparable to what I had. This phone is so fucking slow, and Now I'm really pissed. they said it was my only option and I was stuck with what I had. I think it's total bullshit that they sent me a crappier phone, with less memory, and no storage and the only solution they offered was to buy a Memory Card.

In my opinion, they should do two things; 1 send me a memory card free of charge... *but this isn't going to fix the main problem.*

2: Replace my phone with a phone that is better than what I have now. I shouldn't have to go down in quality and functionality because of a fucking warranty defect of the phone that I cannot control. That's crazy.

The lady at Verizon told me I was overreacting and that the replacement phone I had was just fine.

What would you guys do?

I hate verzion personally. I think you need to re call them up. They will try there hardest to keep money, giving out extra things, ect. But I had a similar problem with t mobile! I got a new phone and I sent in my 50 dollar rebate and i got a letter coming back saying i was past the post date. So I called up the service and the lady said there is nothing she can do then i asked to talk to her manager she kept putting me on hold (with horrible music) and every time she returned she said "are you still there sir?" not one more minute sir or one more moment.... So eventually i was sent to customer service and the poor girl said this is not are depart sir and i felt bad but she finally sent me one step above to what they call "customer happiness" or something to that. The guy said that happens all the time and they work like a business and try every way to keep you from getting money or anything else.

I would cancel my service, but then again I'd never use Verizon anyway. Didn't we have this conversation? Get a real HTC phone. :P

I had one when I had alltel.

They keep referring me to different departments too. Sigh.

OH FUCK THAT I CAN'T USE THE GPS BECAUSE ITS LOCKED BY VERIZON ... GOOGLE MAPS DOESN'T WORK FUCK THAT SHIT

I don't agree with your 2nd thing you think they should do. You should get equal to what you had. You should not lose anything, however at the same time you should not gain more.

I would keep calling them about it, eventually one of the service reps will crack and send you to the person that can unlock all the answers/offerings that seemed so important to keep you from.

Get the tilt from at&t - Or wait for the htc touch pro 2. :P

I don't agree with your 2nd thing you think they should do. You should get equal to what you had. You should not lose anything, however at the same time you should not gain more.

I would keep calling them about it, eventually one of the service reps will crack and send you to the person that can unlock all the answers/offerings that seemed so important to keep you from.

They don't have anything equal. That's why I said better.

You had what you had before right? Therefore it exists, and I'm sure they are able to obtain it. Unless you had what you had because you personally added onto it.

They don't have it. I had alltel before, and now I have verizon because of the merger.

They said they don't have anything EQUAL... Just something similar. I'll settle for equal or better.

Yeah, he could buy the unlocked version from HTC, for like 500 bucks! Ouch!

They don't have it. I had alltel before, and now I have verizon because of the merger.

They said they don't have anything EQUAL... Just something similar. I'll settle for equal or better.

How long ago was the merger? If it was not that long ago and they say they can't get it I call bullshit!

They should give him better if they want to continue his business. I'd let them know that. Don't talk to any indians, ask to speak to a supervisor.

I'v had verizon for about 6 months, i love it, but thats 'cause i had Sprint ... aka shitbox

I was pissed at the locked GPS too... but i fixed it... for about 2 days, then fixed it again for about 2 days and again, then it failed... get a custon ROM for your phone maybe?

I'v had verizon for about 6 months, i love it, but thats 'cause i had Sprint ... aka shitbox

I was pissed at the locked GPS too... but i fixed it... for about 2 days, then fixed it again for about 2 days and again, then it failed... get a custon ROM for your phone maybe?

None exist for the verizon phone.