Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Bad Customer Service

I only made this so everyone will see the crap I have been through trying to get this phone replaced.

1st Contact: I called Verizon by dialing 611 and spoke to the customer service representative. I told them the screen was messed up and that there was a rectangular "grease spot" in the screen. Verizon (611) informed me to go to the actual store so they could verify that there was not physical damage to the phone.

2nd Contact: I went to the Verizon store the next day and showed them my phone. They promptly informed me that they did not service Alltel phones and the manager at that time sent me to the Alltel store without ever checking the account. The manager said that "The markets in this area have not merged so you have to go over to the Alltel store to get service."

3rd Contact: I called back 611 as I was on the way over to the Alltel store and informed them that Verizon sent me there. The customer service rep asked why and I explained about the markets. The rep said he was going to transfer me over to Tech Support, and I told him that I would just go to the Alltel store and have them replace the phone, as that is what 611 advised me.

4th Contact: I went to the Alltel store, and they tried to access the account. They were willing to do an XBM (exchange by mail), but as JP tried to access the account, it came up and said the number was not found. He sent me back over to the Verizon store.

5th contact: I went back to the Verizon store, and they called tech support. Tech support said they would ship out a new phone to my alternate address. I verified the address twice with the guy, and he said I would receive it by Tuesday. (This was on 6/13/2009)

6th contact: I went back to the Verizon store (6/18/2009) and asked where the package was as I hadn't received it. The manager quickly checked the account and said it was delivered three times, and no one picked it up. The manager checked the delivery address and said it was in Virginia. He called fed ex and had them ship it back to the warehouse then called 611 and told them to send me one to my alternate address (and Todd from the service dept at the store actually spoke with them.)

Note: I received the phone on 6/19/2009. The phone I received had 100 megabytes less of ram and was missing an internal storage card entirely. Also, the phone application would not load in certain circumstances. The internet connection did not work after I activated the phone, and the phone did not work properly.

7th Contact (6/19/2009 ~ 11:00 AM): I went to the Verizon store and asked them to check the phone. The Verizon store said I needed to call tech support and gave me the number to Verizon. They also activated my old Alltel phone back on to the account so I could make calls.

8th contact (6/19/2009 ~ 2:00 PM): After speaking to the rep at the Verizon store, I called 611 again. I told them that there was an issue with the phone, and they gave me the number to Insurion.

9th Contact (6/19/2009 ~ 4:30 PM): I called Insurion about my phone. They took my information and said that they only did insurance claims and had nothing to do with a warranty claim. They told me to call my carrier.

10th contact (6/19/2009 ~ 5:45 PM): I called Verizon on 6/19/2009 and told them that the phone was sluggish and it was missing some features. I told them that the phone was missing memory and storage space. The customer service rep understood what I was referring to and said "The Verizon phone is different." He informed me that when he transferred me to the tech support that I probably should speak to a supervisor. So I was transferred to the tech support and asked for a supervisor. I explained the situation to the supervisor and she said that I should buy a memory card. I told her that it wouldn't fix the problem with the memory or the phone not working on the internet. She said that there was nothing she could do and I needed to go to the Verizon store.

11th contact (6/20/2009 ~ 8:44 PM): I went to the Verizon store and told them about everything to this point. They told me that they had nothing to do with it because of the merger and that I needed to go to a store that had Verizon and Alltel. They tried calling tech support but they were closed. The Verizon associate said that I had 30 days to return the phone. I spoke with the Manager (Mike) also. He said I needed to go to the Alltel store and say "I'm not leaving here until I get a new phone." He also said I needed to speak to Deidra as she was the one who could do anything to fix this.

12th contact (6/21/2009 ~ 2:30 PM): I went to the Alltel store and asked to speak to Deidra. I was informed that she was not there and I had to come back on Monday.

13th contact (6/22/2009 ~ 11:00 AM): I went back to the Alltel store and asked to speak to her. The associate (Steve) said she was on lunch and said she'd call me back within an hour.

14th contact (6/22/2009 - 1:06 PM): Deidra called me and informed me that I needed to speak to someone at the Virginia Beach store and that there was nothing she could do. She started looking for a number but the call was dropped.

15th contact (6/22/2009 - 1:23 PM): Deidra called back and said she accidentally disconnected the call. She gave me the number to Steve Dovoni (757-549-3022) and said I needed to speak to him. I told her I would still come by to at least show her the phone. She said that would be Okay.

16th contact (6/22/2009 ~ 6:30 PM): I went to the Verizon store (because Deidra said Alltel had nothing to do with it) and they said there was nothing they could do until the merger was complete.

17th contact (6/22/2009 ~ 7:00 PM): I went to the Alltel store and spoke with Ed. At first Ed said there was nothing that could be done, but then we sat down and I explained everything. Ed said that the he was aware of the issue. He said that "Because I have an Alltel plan, a Verizon phone will not work on it as far as the data;" Which was the exact issue I described to him. He said he had forgotten about the markets and the merger and he said that I'd have to upgrade to a Verizon plan. I told him that wasn't an option and he agreed that it would be best to stick with the plan I had. He said he would contact me on 6/23/2009 and see if there is any solution. He said he was sorry for me running everywhere trying to get this resolved and that he understood the problem and he thinks that no one else I spoke with understood it.

Wow, got to love today's customer service...

just get the old one repaired?

Just don't use that model from those companies. :/

Any word on the phone yet?

I get great service from verizon... but then again im on a corporate account..

I get great service from verizon... but then again im on a corporate account..

I am too.

After 3 more phone calls, Ed from the Alltel store said to come in. He said he was going to give me a new phone. Just to make a complicated and long story short, I went back to the store three hours after I went in the first time (today).

He handed me a box with a new phone in it and said "here you go."

I asked him if he needed my old phone back; he said no.

Someone bent the rules after enough, but the issue has been resolved. Ed Mueller from Alltel is a lifesaver. -_-

Yay for Ed bending over for you! -_-

Well I am glad you got it resolved. I am so sick of people giving me the run around about services that they are supposed to provide.

So your new phone got the rams and what not?

Of course d00d.. I wouldn't settle.

But now i have my old one and my new one. >.>

Send me your old one maybe I can fix it and keep it! :D

I am serious.

Send me your old one maybe I can fix it and keep it! :D

I am serious.

Send me 150 bucks and we have a deal. It's unlocked and has Mighty OS on it now. It works on a Verizon/Alltel network. I am also serious. Also, the phone is funcitonal... There's just an annoying grease spot in teh middle of teh screen.

retail over 530 dollars, slightly used for 150. :)

I may let it go for 120 but nothing less.

You probably can't sell it for more than $50 with a messed up screen.

I could market it as slightly used and worn on ebay.

The screen is not terribly messed up. You can see the phone and it's fully functional.

I'm just not going to live with the way it is now because i paid 200 for that phone and i pay 70 a month to use it.