Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Staff REFORM

What do you think of my idea?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of my idea?

• I am for it.
    • I am against it.
    • Undecided/Don't care/Yes but with these changes... (Your post)

I'm just wondering what everyone would think if we removed all of the moderator positions like gaming mod, valve mod, graphics mod, etc. and instead grouped all moderators just into a group called "Moderator". Each moderator would be able to moderator the entire Ghoztcraft forums. What this would do is make things easier for everyone. Moderators will no longer be stuck with the painstaking job of trying to revive and jump start sections like the WoW section. And this will no longer leave us making the decision of whether or not a moderator is being inactive or is just stuck with a section with no activity.

Basically anyone who is a moderator now will be put into this group. ACP access will still only be allowed to the most trusted moderators (maybe a 2nd tier moderator group or just moved into the admin group).

Anyways, that's my proposal and let me know what you guys think.

I am for it. My job is not only boring but I have no idea what to do. Last time I tried making contests, they were sort of ignored.

Sounds good to me. I hope this will also encompass the DL Section since that is always lagging behind the rest of the site.

Just so everyone knows, this means some of you could/would lose your mod position because a lot more trust would be given to you. And Global would become just "admin" and we would be "root admin" and then just "moderator", but other staff for sections like the Army System, or Download Mod's wont be effected, because you're a mod for that particular section of the site which is outside of the forums. All Moderators would have more control over the Downloads, but it wont be in the "job description" to otherwise maintain them.

I am completely for this idea, this way I can do whatever the hell I want everywhere (fixing spelling errors in topic names... ^^).... And it will make it a lot easier, like, Gaming section has always been on a declination though I guess I'm the one in charge of reviving it but I mostly play only StarCraft so... yeah.

Well I don't know.

I always thought having certain people for a specific section, that gave them more control over what happened in each section. I also thought that it would be easier to keep their forum alive if like 2/3 people worked on each forum, not like 10-20 on the whole site.

But what would happen to things like VIP forums?

By everybody? Even mods without VIP access?

I could already see the VIP forums when I got normal staff. But I couldn't get to the downloads. So it would work. The only issue is that then the newer mods whom we don't really know can mess up the site by deleting shit they should not........ So this part should be thought of.

Huh I can't see any of the VIP... TT_TT

Well yeah that's true. If this happens then Moderators will have a lot of power, and we'll probably have to redo a lot of mods. Also, it'll be a much more serious application.

I like the reform idea.

Personally I think this would give the moderators all a little bit too much power. They now have jurisdiction across the entire forums, which also means they are less obligated to maintain their assigned part of the forums. This would basically promote every mod to global. We also don't have any general moderators, they've either all been promoted or retired...

Also, most of the active members now are moderators, but for different sections. Basically what you're making is 3 tiers of members, admins, mods, and regular members. This would make it harder for regular members to become mods, and i know that after being a mod you spend more time here, so that would overall decrease the number of people regularly visiting the site...

Well, all in all, i vote no. You may disagree, but this is my argument.

Go ahead and respond to it, but keep it friendly. I don't like flame wars.

I vote no too, for what I said before.

I'm for it. Seems like it will work and fix a lot of problems. ^^

By everybody? Even mods without VIP access?

It would still be unmoderated, as promised.

I agree with this idea 100%. However we can't accept random somewhat trusted members as Moderators anymore because they would have too much power. We would need to trust them 100%.

We could have a "Trial Moderators" group?

I think a Trial Moderator group just seem silly in the idea of it. The member should be active and shown no reason not to trust them before considered for a moderator.Other than that.... :/

Well a trial is always a good idea. See how they can handle the pressure, and how they handle certain situations. It wouldn't be to prove trust, maybe for them to prove to us that they're capable of the position?

I kind of think trial moderators is somewhat of a silly idea too.

Trial Moderators? How exactly would that work. They'd still need the power to perform moderator actions... Putting them in charge of like... The Lounge or something wouldn't do much at all...

I still think this idea would not work. Almost every functional forum on the web has section moderators. Not a ton of global ones.

I don't like this idea it would be easier for one person to fuck it up for every one. (like fish and madchat or what ever his name was...)

No