Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Computer Crashes Constantly

Hey could someone please help, This is my problem...

I turn on the computer.. everything is fine and when im playing starcraft or just chatting on msn messenger my comp will just shut down... Then i have to turn it back on again and in about another 1 hour it will juset shut down.

I Know it isnt hibernate and ive done a virus scan many times using avast home edition. i just deleted all my hacks for starcraft ( backed them up on a cd of course :)

so i hope this solves it but im guessing in another hour it will just randomly shut off.

My only other guess is that my computer's power supply is messed. Does enyone know what else could be causing this problem? Thanks for reading peace out

-=Dull Freedom=-

OMG YOUR ALIVE!? WELCOME BACK HOMIE GEE :)

Anyways, check your hardware, sounds like a bad hard drive or broken ram.

hmm ram?? maybe crappy computer. check your ram. I had a computer with 512 ram and couldnt even run jack shit except for starcraft.

Ram seems to be fine it's 960 mb of it, ill try defraging again maybe this will help? computer shouldnt be that shity bought like 2 years ago maybe it is shit idk lol has 1.81 Ghz

If the power supply was messed, would the computer even stay turned on for 1hr? or would it just shut down right away?

And hey XGhozt good to see you again also :thumbsup:

Edited by Dull Freedom

ram?

hmm wtf 960 ram??? wow u must have a gig of ram and dont run any progs on your computer. well then its impossible. well i dont know i thought it would be ram but if it isnt i have no clue. My computer used to crash alot but then i got a gig of ram and it fixed it

u got a simple problem this happens when i play half life 2 on my laptop since it does not meet minimum recs in ram it shoves the data threw the cpu thus heating the computer and as a fail safe the computer shuts down

this might not be ur problem but it is mine

Try rebooting normally, then booting in safe mode and doing some defragments and scans and stuff.

yea how its your ram how many memory sticks do you have? one might be conflicting with the other happened to mine.

check the fans

computer has been on for about 3 hours now without a crash :) awesome i think it was a starcraft hack that was messing me up >.<. just defragged and did disk clean up and found an awesome program called "TuneUp Utilities 2007" that puts all ure files in order and fixes them nicely highly recommended program has a free 30 day trial.

I think it's good now thanks to everyone who posted and took time to help thanks alot :) cya around

Open it up and clean it out. I use a vacuum cleaner with the small Nozzle attachement. Or you can use A Hair Dryer But make sure it has a cool setting.

Your machine could simply be over heating and might be set to get to a certain temperature threash hold nad then shut it's self down to protect it's self.

Open it up and clean it out. I use a vacuum cleaner with the small Nozzle attachement. Or you can use A Hair Dryer But make sure it has a cool setting.

Your machine could simply be over heating and might be set to get to a certain temperature threash hold nad then shut it's self down to protect it's self.

yeah ill do that now, i have 16 cats in my house ( i know omg i h8 it also) so yeah cat hair + comp = bad

Thanks for the advice

Holy shit i thought i was bad having 5 cats. HOLY Fuck. 16? Yea you probably got a whole nother cat in your comp with all the hairs thats around. It's tail is probably cloggin one of your fans.

Ohhh, yeah you know what. It might not be starcraft. But your computer getting too hot when you play a game. If you have a relatively new/updated motherboard then it most likely has settings to shut down automatically when it gets too hot.

Ohhh, yeah you know what. It might not be starcraft. But your computer getting too hot when you play a game. If you have a relatively new/updated motherboard then it most likely has settings to shut down automatically when it gets too hot.

ah maybe, ill try playing another game besides sc see if it shuts down, oh and 1 more thing XGhozt where did you get your desktop wallpaper? looks so sweet i want it lool

Lol it is pretty sweet and dull i thought you said you have fixed it?

off topic: ghozt whats the difference between people and friends?

ah maybe, ill try playing another game besides sc see if it shuts down, oh and 1 more thing XGhozt where did you get your desktop wallpaper? looks so sweet i want it lool

Its from the Aurora Skin on Ghoztcraft.net.

ghozt whats the difference between people and friends?

Friends are there for you, people are just there.

alright ghozt IM HERE FOR YOU..... and dull i hope your comp runs smoothly now.

:)

U GUYS ARE STEALING WHAT I SAID OVER HEATING :) :) jackin my shit :suicide:

First get an antivirus and scan i sugget Kaspersky or Panda

Next scan for spyware an adware i suggest spyware doctor, or spysweeper, or ad aware , i dislike spybot

next see how mch ram you have available and give me reply

I believe it was most likely the overheating stuff as everyone else has already said. It usually does an emergency shutdown only if it overheats. Clean out your CPU Fan and your Power Supply Fan (if you are not a comp expert don't experiment on the second one).