Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Base sheild and cloak

I was wondering if there is a way to hack starcraft were you can have a sheild around your hole base and to cloak your hole base

nope.

:stupid:

lmao! your funny rofl

wait are you serious? o.0

I was wondering if there is a way to hack starcraft were you can have a sheild around your hole base and to cloak your hole base

FAIL.

:suicide2:

play as ter. and lift your base and run....lol..I was wondering if there is a way to hack starcraft were you can have a sheild around your hole base and to cloak your hole base.lol

would it kill you to lurk a little? anything that has never been done is pretty much impossible.

well then were do I need to get started to do it my self

o and I am talking about on singal player not battle.net

Edited by Telcar

I haven't even heard of a offline hack going that far. But I do know a like somethin that might help

Power Overwhelming

well then were do I need to get started to do it my self

Well, your going to need to learn a programming language like C++, ASM, ext. And I don't think any of SC's best programmers could do a shield around an entire base for offline, cloaking buildings would be extremely hard if not impossible. GL HF DD!

I just thout it would be cool, yoo can use the cheat power overwhelming but that is buring so I thout if I could do this I dont have to wory about my base just my troops that ant in the sheilding of my base.

I mean wouldent it be cool the enemy find your base you kill there troops and then when they come back you cloak you base and there like where the hell did it go

Cool no doubt about that but yeah.

why would it be hard to protoss all ready have the plasma sheild on there buildings and units and lots of units have cloaks hell the dark templars are allwased cloaked and you cant uncloak them the arbiter cloak any of your units around it.

I am going to use terran as an example. Now I dont understand theprogramming code. I barly understand the basic hph/html. So it would take me some time to do it. ok, the code that is writin to make the wraiths cloak could be looked at and copyed to the command center code and then the code that makes the arbiter cloak units around it could and copy it to the command center code and then write the a code to axtend the rang of the cloak. Then when you cloak the command center it will cloak all units and building around it. I just thout of something you would have to chang the code where is cloaks all units including buildings because the arbiter only cloaks units not building so you would have to chang that part of the code and then you culd just right a code where units that can detect cloak cand detekt the command center cloak

And the same thing with the sheild

There was a hole in the code a few years back that allowed for you to cloak any unit. But it has been patched.

You can't just copy and paste code and make it work. What you are suggesting would require more than just an injection type of hack. You would have to change the code for the game. In essence making a new game.

Just stick to power overwhelming.

If you want to learn how to change the base code of the game I suggest that you go to a computer programming tech school to learn how to make your own games. The interface in which you are applying would be done by people with advanced knowledge of programming and game making. This is something that takes years of college to understand and to do correctly. Hell blizzard and other gaming companies use teams of people to make their games. It is just not one single person working on it.

The only knowledge that we have to hack starcraft and to have it be effective currently, is through injection of code in to the holes within the code (I know it is more complicated than that but it is the basic idea.)

Now you could code an entire new mod of starcraft but even then you mostly only change the appearance of the units not the functionality. Functionality changes will only occur through a change of the base code which most of us here do not have the experience or knowledge on how to do so. That is what tech school is for.

The current hacks for starcraft are on a simple inject basis that only requires a little amount of knowledge of certain programming languages.

Edited by Zar

were in the game dir would I need to look to to see the code for the stuff I am talking about

or is the codes I am whanting to look at on the disk and if they are where on the disk do I need to look

Edited by Telcar

"Patch_rt.mpq" in your Staracraft Folder, contains much of the information that Starcraft uses. But you will need to download WinMPQ to extract the files. Or you can google it; I am sure someone has all the extracted files somewhere.

Here is a beginners tutorial on how to make your first starcraft mod,

http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/beginners-s...odding-tutorial

Edited by Zar

if I was to google it how would I ward it

so I used Arsenal III and edited the command center and when I whent to save it, it sed "Access violation at address 0037D06E in module 'Excal.dll" , Write of address 00000012." what the hell does that mean.

ok using datedit how can I make a biulding be abel to cloak it gite the option

post-19869-1238386250_thumb.png

Even if you managed to give it the ability, you would have to modify the interface so you could tell it to cloak...not to mention the fact that I'm fairly sure that computer players start sending out scouts fairly quickly. What then?

I just figerd it would be a automatick thing when I put sheild on the command center the thing came up that seas protoss plasma sheilds

Are you just starting to learn how to program?

No he is using a program that allows you to make mods in StarCraft. It is the same as the campaign editor but more advanced with more abilities. There are some programs out there where you can change the way the character looks and the what types of weapons it uses.

For example, you could make your marine have shields and an ion cannon blast as his weapon. You could also make your marine look like a peon off of Warcraft and give him cloaking abilities and a lurker spine attack.

It was programs like these that we got 255 upgrade maps etc.

Edited by Zar

Oh okay, if you achieve make sure to post it up.

Seriously I wouldn't mind trying out a new mod.

Please note that invisible buildings tend to crash the game...