Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Dead Pixel!

I just found a dead pixel on my monitor! D: Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I created my own dead pixel reviver program that will flash randomized colors over the dead pixel and it's surrounding neighbors and it's been running for the last couple of hours. But the damned thing is still there -.- I've also tried tapping the screen right over the pixel, smushing it around, but I don't really want to go that route because it can cause damage to the screen, and I really don't feel like scratching up my monitor. So besides stabbing the pixel to life, got any suggestions?

I have a warranty on mine...

Viewsonic give you like a 3 year warranty.....

should of bought one of those?

that dosnt help him though i had the same problem on my laptop if you have a laptop you can get a new monitor piece for like 30$ but if your on a desktop call a computer company to see what they recommend if you dont get any answers here

uhhhh if your pixel is dead your pretty much fucked very rarely will a dead pixel revive.... your best bet would be to get a new monitor which.... since your in iraq would be a little hard.... i know how you feel though i had one... it was annoying as FUCK

Now that I looked even harder, it appears I have 2 dead pixels :/

Yea if i were you i would find a site that shipped to APO addresses and get a fucking 30 inch LCD

Eh, I dun wanna do that since I'm gonna be coming back soon anyway. And it's not that big of a deal that I'd want to get a whole new screen. I would just like possible things I could do to revive these dead pixels. ;)

:o And this program of yours doesn't work?

Well you could try the following:

turn the monitor off

Get a cloth

A pen,pencil,stylus, something with a dull edge

put pressure on the pixel through the cloth with your object

turn the monitor on

Nah don't listen to Zander...

Try this:

1. Turn off your computer.

2. Get yourself a damp cloth, so that you don't scratch your screen.

3. Apply pressure to the area where the dead pixel is. Do not put pressure anywhere else, as this may make more dead pixels.

4. While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.

5. Remove pressure and the dead pixel should be gone. This works as the liquid in the liquid crystal has not spread into each little pixel. This liquid is used with the backlight on your monitor, allowing different amounts of light through which give off different colours.

Nah don't listen to Zander...

Try this:

1. Turn off your computer.

2. Get yourself a damp cloth, so that you don't scratch your screen.

3. Apply pressure to the area where the dead pixel is. Do not put pressure anywhere else, as this may make more dead pixels.

4. While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.

5. Remove pressure and the dead pixel should be gone. This works as the liquid in the liquid crystal has not spread into each little pixel. This liquid is used with the backlight on your monitor, allowing different amounts of light through which give off different colours.

Nah don't listen to Pro, go google it like we did :o

I have a dead pixel as well, but it doesn't really bother me because I hardly ever notice it. It's in the top left of my 15'' flat panel (oooh yeah, 15'', that's right)

I'll probably go to wal-mart and get a 22'' for $170 one of these days..

I have a dead pixel as well, but it doesn't really bother me because I hardly ever notice it. It's in the top left of my 15'' flat panel (oooh yeah, 15'', that's right)

I'll probably go to wal-mart and get a 22'' for $170 one of these days..

Go dual screen :o

You will never go back.

Go dual screen :(

You will never go back.

i wish i could :(

I have a dual screen set up yet i only use 1 screen o.o

I have a dual screen set up yet i only use 1 screen o.o

uhh....whats the word.. WHY?????

I would go dual monitor, but if you had the set up I had, you couldn't go dual screen. I see absolutely no reason to go dual screen either.

With my set up, I have another computer right next to me, and in between the two monitors I have a printer. Don't exactly have room between the already two monitors, speakers, and a printer.