Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Dont get a MySpace

Guys I was at school and I read tyhis magazien, and it was talking about myspace. Well apparently when your getting hired they look at your myspace, not telling you of course, they judge you based on that. They look for bad habbits and drug problems.

Then, so I talked to my dad and hes like, oh yeah the have been doing this for a while, he said. Some times they just reject you for even having a myspace at all, im like wtf. And hes like oh yeah they think you ahve too much time on your hands if you have a myspace, im all rofl.

Anyways, i thought you guys might want to know that.. :thumbsup:

some1 made me a myspace using my email, so it sent the password to my email account. i activated the account (on accident) then changed the pass and havent touched it since.

It makes sence but law states they are unable to hire based on somthing like that, it can however lead to other things like a drug test for example.

That law is good in all states cept CA that probily explains XGhozt's limited knownledge

It makes sence but law states they are unable to hire based on somthing like that, it can however lead to other things like a drug test for example.

That law is good in all states cept CA that probily explains XGhozt's limited knownledge

I dont think it matters if you dont have anything on it, but if its all decorated you got liek 500 friends its anotehr story.

Yeah I recently read this in a news paper article.

I was laughin like hell, so funny.

"Good evening Sir, my name is Robert"

"Well Robert, lets take a look here... please sit down."

"Yes sir."

"Robert, from looking through your resume, it seems that you're a shoe-in for the job."

"Thank you."

"However, from looking through your myspace where you're entitled as... 'booboo kitty-fuck' I don't think you qualify..."

"FUCK YOU TOM!! YOU'RE TOTALLY OFF MY TOP 8!!"

who in the hell would tell their might-be-boss that they have a myspace anyways?

I'd just hide the fact and never tell them :P

on myspace,there is a little thing called search...

Do you think the law really matters? Employers do illegal things every day as it pertains to the application process. The don't have to tell you why they wont hire you....An employer will do anything they need to in order to protect themselves. When you guys start getting jobs and graduating from school you will see that all sorts of things happen that are supposed to be illegal, or ask you things they aren't permitted to ask.

on myspace,there is a little thing called search...

yeah but most people don't always use their real names when it pertains to myspace. You can't always find the person you want...

myspace is for child molesters such as micheal jackson

Do you think the law really matters? Employers do illegal things every day as it pertains to the application process. The don't have to tell you why they wont hire you....An employer will do anything they need to in order to protect themselves. When you guys start getting jobs and graduating from school you will see that all sorts of things happen that are supposed to be illegal, or ask you things they aren't permitted to ask.

yeah but most people don't always use their real names when it pertains to myspace. You can't always find the person you want...

Arn't i older then you?

Other then that i graduated from a technical highschool had 1 job for 2.5 years where i was the highest employe below managment. Left there to goto ITT.

And i just got a job at wal-mart. Need somthin to pay for the apartment till i can find somthin in my trade.

Now that we are done with history lets go onto english.

We took a whole tri-mester doing the whole resume interview yada, and i know what can and can't be said and looking into ones personal life if against most places own agreement and in some states against the law.

What they can do if they see your myspace has a lot of drug things they can use there power and draw you for the rnd drug testing that you agree to b4 your hired.

Also apon a rescan of my brain i remember that this rumor rose up along time ago to me, not to give employers my website cause they can get more info then they are legaly able to ask.

Im not sure if you are older than me. I am 27.

ON top of that if you have ever interviewed someone you know of ways of asking things without "really" asking them. Also who's going to prove what you asked and when considering a interview is usually one-on-one. Of course if you are giving out your info freely and they take it upon themselves to look and they see questionable matierial they will probably not hire you.

ya your older i'm 17 :D

I myself have nothing to hide i'm a good boy :)

xD , whats wrong masterx, jordan scare you? LOL

<3 Jordan!

No fuggin way Nigra, they can't search me. I put a fake name in. And HITH are they going to get my URL?

well lucky for me.. i didnt get that gay shit.. O_O

u can always cancel ur account or set it to private when ur gonna go get a job :D

i found Kenshyn's acount he looks so stupid

nekked pix 0f k3n pl0x?

rofl thats the dumbest thing ive seen employers checking ur myspace rofl ill give 100000 Gp's to any 1 who finds my myspace :D

but anywase thats f*cking stupid i mean i can see the 500 friends thing but making a asumshen about you by ur myspace thats stupid because if any of my brothers bosses looked at his myspace i bet 10$ he would be fired in a heart beat

Edited by Ruler_of_war

Thanks ghozt!

Anyways I don't know why you would be found on Myspace, that was kind of my point before. You should never put your real name out there for the world to see. But for most of you im sure that Is common sense. There have been news reports about teachers having to resign because of questionable material in their myspace. Sucks considering these people should be able to have a life outside of work, but some employers really frown upon it if you write on there that you get drunk all the time, and act like a slut...LOL

got ruler_of_war he don't have many pics of himself

Or mine mebe o.0

I only have 6 friends

lol

5 people from school that aren't douches

and one from starcraft

I don't need anyone else BECAUSE THEY SUCK

Whadafux, how'd you find my MySpace? o_O

That picture of me is from two years ago anyway. I might get a new one..maybe not. :/

Yeah, I lied, I really did put my real name in for MS but im thinking about changing that. :rolleyes:

hehehe i got a myspace and 4 friends and ull never find it :rolleyes: :D