Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Doomsday In 2012?

I like this loyal guy...

Lol... Anyways... I am christian, but hell, I have never opened the bible...

I like this Slasher guy. :yes:

Edited by Protoman

I LIKE PENIS

Edit: Serious Discussion..

For some odd reason, I couldn't edit out portions of your information. Anyhow, I removed your complete argument. Must have really took some thought to post something that large over the internet. After today, that post would no longer matter. pinch.gif

For the record, i wasnt trying to attack you. I used "colorful language" to illustrate how irritating that huge assrape of a chunk of text was.

Hehe.

Edited by LoyaL

@Protoman and everyone else...

The bible says that if you accept christ as your savior, you will be accepted into the gates of heaven.

I have accepted the lord as my savior, and I will eventually repent for my sins. I am just not worried about it right now. I do ask for forgiveness every so often, but the fact is no one is perfect. Right now at this stage in my life, I do not see the true importance of going to church. I praise god through my every day workings... Examples: Feeding the poor, Doing community service, Changing a ladies tire in pouring rain and 38 degree weather (And getting sick mind you), Helping in the soup kitchen... The list goes on.

I live a good life, and I help others when I can. If I am not able to help someone, I do not feel bad... I just go on with life. If the lord sends me to hell for what I do, then you know.... Screw it. There is no point... I don't feel I am a bad soul, and I do accept Jesus.

if u sincerely accepted Jesus Christ as ur personal savior and Lord into ur heart, then u have nothing to worry about. just need to endure it. its very good u do good deeds. the more good deeds u do, the more treasures and rewards u receive in the New Earth and the New Heaven. however noone is perfect. but thats the only way. God doesnt care how much a person does good deeds, he doesnt care if he goes to church, reads the bible, the only way to have eternal life and burn in the Lake of Fire is accept and believe in Christ as ur personal savior and lord.

and there was someone that said that the bible was written 10000 years ago and also said that the info was altered and stuff, its good u are aware of deceiving and not falling for it, but it is said in the bible, anyone who alters and changes on how a christian grows and etc, are considered false prophets and false teachers. this world has already been deceived. but i assure u 100% that the bible was never altered in anyway. NEVER WAS THE SCRIPTURES OR TRANSLATED INTO A DIFFERENT FORM EVER EVER EVER EVER!! if u think that the scriptures are changed and translated wrongly, and if u think these current world events that is believed to lead to the second coming has always happened through out history and is not really a big deal are really dellusional and should have second thoughts.

its correct that u must follow some things that is commanded in the bible through faith without question but some others make u have a need to question first.

and seriously the earth is not 6 billion years old or wutever. and those dinosaurs scientists found could be just big animal bones of different kinds just put together by ancient people into the form of we know that are dinosaurs. its just my little theory

its not good having religious debates over the internet. things like this will never stop and will get a conclusion,.

God doesn't care how much a person does good deeds, he doesnt care if he goes to church, reads the bible, the only way to have eternal life and burn in the Lake of Fire is accept and believe in Christ as ur personal savior and lord.

Not to tear what you said apart, but Christ would be fine if you just shit on anyone and everyone you meet? If you accept and believe he is your own savior your good to go? Just sounds bad how you put it to me but I think this post is the most reasonable thing you have said in my eyes.

and there was someone that said that the bible was written 10000 years ago and also said that the info was altered and stuff, its good u are aware of deceiving and not falling for it, but it is said in the bible, anyone who alters and changes on how a christian grows and etc, are considered false prophets and false teachers. this world has already been deceived. but i assure u 100% that the bible was never altered in anyway. NEVER WAS THE SCRIPTURES OR TRANSLATED INTO A DIFFERENT FORM EVER EVER EVER EVER!!

You can't avoid the text being changed throughout the years. It's been translated into almost every language and it would be impossible to say every word correct. I just think of a bad sub titles in an anime. I could be wrong. I don't know much about translations. Just going from my imagination.

The Bible says about altering the text just keeps honest people from changing the text for their own benefit. Dishonest people will do it anyways. They may or may not burn in hell for what they did but it was still done (hypothetically)

Only way you could assure anyone that it wasn't alter is if you did it yourself or was there to watch over and double check the translation. *shrugs*

no. doing bad things is sin but basically if u receive Christ and yada yada u have nothing to worry about going to hell. but you still have to do good and not sin.

Your exhausted? I'm am too. I'll buy ya a beer.

perhaps the end of the world happens when Net neutrality disappears

I am so happy you were the one defending the bible. It made it an easy win.

i dont drink......... IM ONLY 14!!!

*secretly takes a sip**

Nuff said.

I LIKE PENIS

Edit: Serious Discussion..

For some odd reason, I couldn't edit out portions of your information. Anyhow, I removed your complete argument. Must have really took some thought to post something that large over the internet. After today, that post would no longer matter. pinch.gif

For the record, i wasnt trying to attack you. I used "colorful language" to illustrate how irritating that huge assrape of a chunk of text was.

Hehe.

As a result, I used my " colorful language " to illustrate the lack of importance in accordance to an argument. :P

I've never implied that your statement was taken as an attack.

Interesting thoughts in your post by the way. :D

Edited by Protoman

I think this topic should be closed because people are talking about Penis and beer

Not about Doomsday

I think this topic should be closed because people are talking about Penis and beer

Not about Doomsday

stop being retarded.

Offtopic > Dead imho, but I might be wrong.

However, it might even be only a new year in the Mayan Calendar, we'll just pass by a few planets in a perfect line.

The world will not come to an end in 2012. Want proof? I will give it to you in 4 years.

The world will not come to an end in 2012. Want proof? I will give it to you in 4 years.

Haha yeah for sure. I remember hanging out with friends waiting for new years (2000) and calling all those dumb people up that actually thought the world is going to end. I remember watching some religious nuts on TV that were so hell bent on everything ended. It almost seemed like they were excited to see it all end.

As for computers not programed to go that high in date. It would be the same thing as what happened in Y2k. We will just download another 1.3mb patch and apocalypse avoided. ^_^

Same thing here

WTF.. why did anyone think the world was going to end on 2000? The only thing significant about the year 2000 is that some computers systems that weren't updated for it might have some date/time related bugs.

Nothing about the world ending.

Same with 2012. The mayan calandar doesn't even end on 2012. The numbers in it go to 20, and 2012 is only 13.0.0.0. Not 20.0.0.0.

Anyways when the calendar does end, all that means is it has to be updated. What's the big deal? :/

It stopped being used a long time ago, anyways.

WTF.. why did anyone think the world was going to end on 2000? The only thing significant about the year 2000 is that some computers systems that weren't updated for it might have some date/time related bugs.

Nothing about the world ending.

Yeah thats why I thought it was a joke

The new year had dawned, January of 1999, and Dr. James C. Dobson, founder and president of Focus on the Family, was very worried about the "Y2K computer bug."

Dobson was so concerned he decided to pull his staff together in the chapel of FOF's Colorado Springs headquarters for a special meeting. He had invited Michael Hyatt, then a prominent Y2K doomsday author who frequently appeared on Christian radio, to address the issue.

When Hyatt finished his gloomy predictions of power outages and stockmarket crashes, Dobson outlined his own fears. The impending computer glitch, he asserted, could cause American society to break down, spawning terrorist activity, "massive civil disobedience," widespread looting, food shortages, worldwide economic collapse and possible global conflict as unstable dictators seized the opportunity.

A lot of people took there doomsday sites down becuase they realized they were all idiots. So it's hard to find proof that they actually thought that way. You don't have to believe me but I remember seeing televangelists going nuts over the subject on the tv and radio. In class we actually had an assignment to write down predictions about what was going to happen.

Should this even be in serious discussion then? lol

THis is different.

THe mayan calendar has been astronomically correct so far. But, Like i said, people have worked out the trajectories of the asteroids, i'm sure, and we are probably safe.

I heard another theory that Planet ''X'' orbits the Sun every 3600 years and on December 21, 2012 rumomrs say that while orbiting the Sun Planet ''X'' will come close enough to the Sun to cause a poleshift which will fuck up the Earth. In gamer words the Earth will be ''GG'' Oh, and don't flame me im not saying I beleive this theory but just sharing other peoples thoughts :)

Oh, and don't flame me im not saying I beleive this theory but just sharing other peoples thoughts :)

Fair enough :)

I've heard that as well. I also heard some pretty convincing arguments against that to.

The search for Planet X may not be over yet. The Kuiper Belt terminates suddenly at a distance of 55 AU from the Sun, and there is some speculation this sudden dropoff may be caused by the presence of an object with a mass between that of Mars and Earth located beyond 55 AU. Patryk Lykawka, astronomer at Kobe University, Japan, claims that we will discern this object's existence or lack thereof by 2013.[21]Lykawka's computer simulations suggest that a body roughly the size of Earth, ejected outward by Neptune early in the Solar System's formation and currently set in elongated orbit between 80 and 170 AU from the Sun, could explain not only the Kuiper cliff but also the peculiar "detached" TNOs such as 90377 Sedna. While some astronomers have cautiously supported Lykawka's claims, others have dismissed them as contrived.[21]

An alternative theory, proposed in 1999 by John Murray of the Open University and John Matese, Patrick Whitman and Daniel Whitmire of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, has long period comets originating from specific regions of the sky, rather than coming from random directions as proposed by Oort. This would result from comets being disturbed by an unseen object at least as large as Jupiter, and possibly a brown dwarf.[22]

Yay wiki! :)

THis is different.

THe mayan calendar has been astronomically correct so far.

???

Did you even read my post? =/

This is different than y2k. Noone is trying to make money off of this.

That i know of.

Guess not.