Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Firefox 3 On June 17th, Pledge Today!

Yeah the Addon page is taking forever.

I got it... But Jesus Christ.

There servers can't handle it! :D

lol I just started using the RC a while ago, and now it's officially released. Guess I ought to go download the release version now. =Þ

W0000 FireFox Power!!!!

Gah, I need Tab Mix Plus!!

Here is a video I threw together in the last 5 minutes or so. Enjoy.

http://screencast.com/t/gp2hdidoBEG

Zoom in: Control +

Zoom out: Control -

Or you could use the mouse wheel..

Oh my god! I love you! My tabs are back on the bottom again! woohoo!

+rep

Downloading FF 3 and installing in 2 minutes...

EDIT: Installed

+rep

No problem :P

Also some out of date addons can be forced to enable using Nightly Tester Tools (you can also use it to change your browser title, and it has a menu item link to your profile folder)

Be sure to backup your profile folder if you do this though, since if you force it to enable the wrong addon (old version of Google Toolbar and Tab Mix Plus for example) then Firefox will crash on startup. Works fine for most little addons though.

That means it probably wouldn't work on my RedShift theme. :P

And I know this is going to be pretty much off topic so I appologize. But I noticed I have a couple wierd "characters" in my member title it now says "ºo0The Invalid Sprite Killer0oº" The first two I have never seen before and I don't even know what symbol those are. I've only noticed them since installing FF3 (which is why this kind of relates to the topic still)

+rep

No problem :P

Also some out of date addons can be forced to enable using Nightly Tester Tools (you can also use it to change your browser title, and it has a menu item link to your profile folder)

Be sure to backup your profile folder if you do this though, since if you force it to enable the wrong addon (old version of Google Toolbar and Tab Mix Plus for example) then Firefox will crash on startup. Works fine for most little addons though.

There's a simpler way:

* Type about:config into Firefox's address bar and click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.

* Right-click anywhere. Choose New>Boolean. Make the name of your new config value extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false.

* Make another new boolean pair called extensions.checkUpdateSecurity and set the value to false.

* Restart Firefox.

Although this doesn't work with everything.

That means it probably wouldn't work on my RedShift theme. :(

And I know this is going to be pretty much off topic so I appologize. But I noticed I have a couple wierd "characters" in my member title it now says "ºo0The Invalid Sprite Killer0oº" The first two I have never seen before and I don't even know what symbol those are. I've only noticed them since installing FF3 (which is why this kind of relates to the topic still)

I don't see that.. screenshot?

That's awesome! Thanks XGhozt!

God! FF3 is so much better!! Runs smoother than 2 and doesn't use up nearly as much resources. I'm really happy with this.

That means it probably wouldn't work on my RedShift theme. :D

As long as you back up your profile folder it won't cause any harm to try. If you don't back it up then it could be hard to disable the addon/theme that is crashing Firefox.

I don't see any weird/invalid characters in your title. Have you tried disabling all your addons one by one to find out if one of them is causing it?

+rep

No problem smile.gif

There's a simpler way:

* Type about:config into Firefox's address bar and click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.

* Right-click anywhere. Choose New>Boolean. Make the name of your new config value extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false.

* Make another new boolean pair called extensions.checkUpdateSecurity and set the value to false.

* Restart Firefox.

Although this doesn't work with everything.

That means it probably wouldn't work on my RedShift theme. sad.gif

I don't see that.. screenshot?

True, this addon has a nice link to your profile folder also though, and it's generally a good idea to back up your Firefox profile before enabling outdated addons for it. Most people find it a pain to find it manually.

Edited by Azu

Yeah I made backups of everything, but I managed to get it all working. I didn't need to use any backups.

Ghozt make a compatible Ghoztcraft Menu for the nubs? lol

XGhozt somehow fixed the problem, so it must of been a GC/FF3 related thing like I thought. Idk

Total Downloads

Ghozt make a compatible Ghoztcraft Menu for the nubs? lol

Yeah, I'm working on it. It's not easy, I'm still learning this stuff.

Reading this: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Updat...s_for_Firefox_3

XGhozt somehow fixed the problem, so it must of been a GC/FF3 related thing like I thought. Idk

I don't know, I just copied and pasted it back.. lol

Total Downloads

Whoa, nice!