Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Bill Gates no longer richest man?

well someone finally beat the basterd and hes spanish take that u racist faggots out ther ahahahaha spanish language selection lookin better all the sudden?

Gates no longer the richest man in the world

After 13 years as the world's richest person, Bill Gates appears to have been dethroned. But there will probably be no sobbing inside his Medina estate.

In his own words:

Bill Gates on the pitfalls of being the world's richest man:

In fact, based on his past remarks, the Microsoft Corp. chairman might welcome the news.

Mexican telecommunications tycoon Carlos Slim has taken the crown with a net worth of $67.8 billion, according to estimates by a respected financial news site in the country, as reported by multiple news services.

The main reason: a 27 percent surge in the stock price of Slim's wireless company, America Movil, in the second quarter.

At a Microsoft conference in Redmond last year, advertising executive and TV host Donny Deutsch asked Gates if he would be upset if someday he were no longer the world's richest man.

"I wish I wasn't," Gates replied. "There's nothing good that comes out of that."

"It's better than being second," Deutsch said.

"No," Gates replied. "You get more visibility as a result of it."

Slim's new standing might not be considered official until the next publication of Forbes' ranking of the world's richest people.

On this spring's Forbes list, Slim was just behind investor Warren Buffett, the chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, who had been second on the list for years.

In April, after the publication of the official 2007 list, Forbes reported that Slim had surpassed Buffett to become the world's second-richest man. At the time, Forbes reported that Slim was "breathtakingly close" to passing Gates for the No. 1 spot. Gates' estimated worth was $56 billion at the time.

For the latest estimate of Slim's worth, Reuters quoted financial tracker Eduardo Garcia, from Sentido Comun, an online financial publication in Mexico. Garcia estimates that Gates is currently worth $59.2 billion.

According to an Associated Press report from Mexico City, Garcia's estimate of Gates' wealth was based on a 5.7 percent increase in Microsoft shares in the second quarter, and doesn't include Gates' sizable holdings apart from Microsoft shares.

"But a 26 percent growth rate for a world company like America Movil, that's hard to top for one quarter," Garcia said, according to the AP report.

Gates has put a total of more than $30 billion into the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, reducing his personal net worth. Slim recently told The New York Times that he plans to boost the endowments of his companies' foundations to $10 billion in the next four years, from the current total of $4 billion.

Slim, meanwhile, seems just about as interested in holding the "world's richest" title as Gates was. The AP quoted Slim's spokesman as saying, "As he has said many times himself, he is not in any competition."

Source: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/322...tml?source=mypi

jeez poor gates only has 59.2 billion..... maybe he will pwn more when halo 3 comes out ? :(

Bates will go bankrupt with Halo 3, it gonna suck, it's dead man dead.

I doubt it would make the spanish language any more "beautiful" than it is.

Anyways, it was about time by now. But the problem is that neither of them will give me any money, so they may both go and die. :)

yeah once H3 comes out he's gona get more money but still after h3 whats going to happen to Microsoft? they're gona need another game or w/e to make it huge again

Well there are 2 reasons why Bill Gates lost the title in my mind.

1. He retired from being Microsoft's leader.

2. There is a 90% chance the beaner stole all of the money.

u children are funny, u think halo is that big of an aspect to over come the finacial results of the Microsoft Corperation? think again, halo wouldnt even be in a 0.001% . Even the Xbox has little to do with how much money Microsoft makes. There are alot of thinks Microsoft has ties with.

More detail would be nice, Back yourself up smarta**.

But you see Bill Gates is doing alot of charity work for other people. He is still the richest person to me.

no one is thinkin like i am about this :P

I'll always see bill gates as the richest man in the world, the guy has given away over 30 billion, which if he had been a greedy bastard like buffet or this carlos guy he still would be in first by far. Not to mention if you know anything about stocks, if microsoft splits, bill gates numbers of shares double, and when microsofts number rise back up from the split whatever cash he had before the split will double. If Gates was a greedy asshole then he could surpass Rockefeller if he wanted too which is estimated at 200billion last time i checked.

and i dont see why u think this is a win for the mexicans reaper, the guy is an asshole, if anything it makes them look worse, and hes barely giving anything back, so im sure the mexicans dont even like him.

Maybe he gave a whole buncha cash away caus he knew he was gona lose>?

Now he looks better.

he wouldnt have "lost" if he didnt give way a third of his fortune dumbass.

Div, I think you are right. As a Mexican myself I hate the guy all he does is rip his people off.

More detail would be nice, Back yourself up smarta**.

ok buddy. heres some backup u fucken douche. The "halo 2" which was a huge sucsess made a revenue of $125,000,000 . Now... lets se how much thats worth compared to other things that microsoft owns. Microsoft is worth 266,000,000,000 hmm...and thats not to mension all of the small companies Microsoft owns , and theres thousnads... remeber thats 4% of microsoft. hmmm would u mind shutting up now?

o and btw if u ask to prove it.. http://www.sec.gov/edgarhp.htm

g21_dxx, Next time read the whole post. Thank you.

Finally this money whore is in second. muahaha

Div, I think you are right. As a Mexican myself I hate the guy all he does is rip his people off.

Fuck man i know im right, i asked all my mexican friends what they thought of it and they were PISSED

Bill would still be the richest man, if his dumb wife didn't make him give all his money away for charity...also I'm guessing that Carlos Slim has and underground fortress where he's growing marijuana plants and then selling them on the streets of Mexico.

u children are funny, u think halo is that big of an aspect to over come the finacial results of the Microsoft Corperation? think again, halo wouldnt even be in a 0.001% . Even the Xbox has little to do with how much money Microsoft makes. There are alot of thinks Microsoft has ties with.

true. microsoft has actually lost billions from releasing the xbox and xbox 360.

The richest man is from MEXICO. Though alot of people don't like him. Carlos owns like every telephone line in Mexico. People have no choice and he charges them alot for the use of cell phones, house phone, you name it, hes controls it. Over there most use prepaid and its like 30 cents a minute. He will continue to get rich until another company comes and compete over his services.

i doubt it because the government in MEXICO does not establish any anti trust laws, therefore insuring that Carlos will only get bigger and bigger as he expands to control everything. Unless hes assasinated of course. No company will be able to get big enuf to compete with him, unless he allows it.

I really could care less who the richest person in the world is considering its not my money.

Second of all how can you call Buffett greedy? You know how many billions of dollars that guy has given to charity?

Taken from Wiki

In June 2006, he made a commitment to give away his fortune to charity, with 83% of it going to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.[5] The donation amounts to approximately $30 billion. Buffett's donation is said to be the largest in U.S. history. At the time of the announcement the donation was enough to more than double the size of the foundation.

Despite his immense wealth, Buffett is renowned for his unpretentious and frugal lifestyle.[6] When he spent $9.7 million of Berkshire's funds on a corporate jet in 1989, he jokingly named it "The Indefensible" because of his past criticisms of such purchases by other CEOs.[2] He continues to live in the same house in the central Dundee neighborhood of Omaha, Nebraska that he bought in 1958 for $31,500[7] (although he also owned a more expensive home in Laguna Beach, California which he sold in 2004). The current estimated value for his Omaha house is around $700,000.[8]

Edited by ThaHoov

lol read the first few posts they already said how generous he is.

wtf are you talking about, he said only 10 billion dollars from his COMPANY which he probably owns 51% of, therefore is only giving 5 billion, compared to the 30 billion gates has given i dont even see a comparison.

There is some king in another country who owns it all who has more billions in his pocket... forgot the name